• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread!

Comment

TTT for a great thread

Comment

FRUSTRATION!

Let me give yall a little rundown on my last few weeks. Most of yall know some of my history and it takes a lot to get me down(Im not down yet) but I need to vent a little.

Lets start Laborday Weekend. Its Saturday and Im digging when I backed the skidsteer over a big pile of dirt and it slid sideways and jumped one of the tracks off the roller and fouled it against the tractor body. Well, I took a look and decided to head in for the day and start on it Monday morning. When I got home I learned that my step daughter who has an 18 month old little girl had just discovered that her POS husband had a girlfriend. She was dangerously beside herself. After getting professional help, she decided to file for divorce. She is a school teacher and had just started a new job making great money at a great place. Long stry short..she was unable to work{first week mof school) and lost the job
        Back to Monday(Laborday) I got out there and started but couldnt get the adjustment bolts out. I worked all morning and about noon, I gave up. Went back that evening With my brother and was able to jack the tractor up with the blade and some blocks. Worked on it till dark but couldnt get the track back on. My dad and i went back Tuesday and spent all day working on it but finally got it done and dug a little while.

Wednesday- Started digging and found several nice points and then blew the seal in a hydralic cylinder that i had rebuilt just a few weeks ago. I took it off and went to the shop with it figuring they would warranty it since they are friends of mine. I took my ph out and checked messages... my brother in law had gone to a neuro surgeon and found out he had top have brain surgery. He had a blockage in his brain that they had planned to fix with non invasive surgery but couldnt. Step daughter back to the Dr and then to a lawyer.
        Thursday- Got a call from the shop that they couldnt get the shaft out of the cylinder and were sure it was bent. They wanted me to come get it and put it back on the machine to push it out. I knew i couldnt get there before they closed as i was out of town dealing with other issues and they said they would leave it on the door step. I couldnt get there so i called one of the shop guys at home and told him to do whatever he had to do to get it fixed even if he ruined it and call me when it was fixed.
        Friday... i got on the other tractor and started mowing. needed to clear my head some while i waited. No call. Friday evening we learned that the teacher job was lost.
        Saturday with my Family trying to provide a measure of stability as my wife had about gone her limit. Church Sunday,
        Monday, had to go see lawyer as the papers were supposed to be drawn up for the divorce. They werent. Got my Dad to go check by to pick the cylinder up. He went by but the shop told him they had left it out for me and i had picked it up. MY BIL and SIL left to go to Houston for Tuesday surgery.
        Tues-- I loaded up and drove to the machine shop with my Dad. The said the cylinder was gone and thought I had it! They made a few calls and discovered someone else had picked it up by mistake. BIL in surgery and they hit a bleeder in his brain. Had to give him 5pts of blood and couldnt finish the operation because of the swelling in his brain.

Wed---Went and got the cylinder and put it back on the tractor. Pushed the rod out and sure enough it was seriously bent. I realized I probably bent it holding the machine off the ground fixing the track. BIL still in medically induced coma.

Thurs---Got the call that it was fixed. Went and picked it up and put the bucket back together between the storms. BIL was allowed to wake up a little to see if he had any use of his arms and legs. HE DID! Still in ICU and back to sleep. Put a drain in his spine.

TODAY- BIL doing better. Awake. Not sure if they will operate again yet. Talking about putting a permanent shunt in his skull. Maybe out of icu tomorrow. Papers FINALLY served to POS. Went to load skid steer and ramp broke on my trailer. Took a few hours but got it fixed. Brought it home and was going to use it to move a big dead tree. Ten minutes and the shaft was bent 90 degrees! They had told me they straightened the old one and it may not be as strong as a new one... They were right.

Over all it has been a rough stretch but PRAISE THE LORD, HIS grace is sufficient.

Comment

Dang man this is not what I was planning on seeing. Prayers and thoughts are with you and family, hang tough. Few hours of digging will help. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
            Dang man this is not what I was planning on seeing. Prayers and thoughts are with you and family, hang tough. Few hours of digging will help. Good Luck.
            Yes it would but if you was able to read that book to the end you would see that the cylinder is ruined and we are back where we started. Gonna be Monday before we can start over.

Comment

Garguy i thought i had a ruff stretch but your has been worse. I will say a prayer for you and yours

Comment

Prayers going up for you and the family. Hope everything works out. God Bless

Comment

Prayers for you!

Comment

My prayers are with you, and all of yours, for rest, strength, health, patients, wisdom, and grace.

Comment

Sending a prayer up for you and your family right after I send this post.

Comment

WOW, when it rains, it pours! Prayers going up for you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          My prayers are with you, and all of yours, for rest, strength, health, patients, wisdom, and grace.
                          Thats one of the wisest post I have seen. Thank yall!

Comment

Steve, My prayers to the Almighty for you and yours! For me, when things seem to be at their darkest. I seem to always recall the old story about a man that was sad because he had no shoes, until he saw a man with no feet. So count the blessings that the Almighty has already bestowed upon you and yours, and hold up you head and move forward. God Bless!!
                            Last edited by Billybird; 09-15-2012, 05:07 AM.

Comment

You always hear, "The Lord won't put anything on you that you can't handle!"

That's a false statement!

The Lord will always put more on you than you can handle so you'll have no choice but to turn to him for guidance! He wants you to know that without him, a simple breath of air is impossible!

Keep your family strong in faith and turn this into a mole hill!
                              Prayers are being sent up

Comment

Consider it an attack, your doing what you want and giving Glory to the Lord and even sharing "witnessing " your story and Blessings.... What did you expect . He is bigger , prayers for all situations you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X