Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Comment

I hit em again today. Had a friend from Shreveport join me . WE did pretty good. Found a handful of Paleo.
      Another big Wilson but it has a ding on it.
      Two sweet worked down Angosturas(didn't get pics of one)
      A tiny super thin bird point that looks just like a 100th scale Wells!
      A fantastic Andice that was worked down like an Albany knife!
      Bunch of Archaic points.
      Attached Files

Comment

more goodies
        Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff as always GarGuy. Thanks for posting another great update.

Comment

Another good day is in the books! Good looking stuff Steve!

Comment

OHHHHHHH BABY! We found a SMOKER today! Look at this fluted piece of candy! It has been worked way down. At one point it was a giant! Next post will be the rest but Im gonna post a bunch of this guy!
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice congrats on the finds

Comment

Found some more dandys too!
                  Attached Files

Comment

As usual , some beautiful stuff there . I am continually amazed at the points you are finding . As I have said before , thanks for sharing .

Comment

Boy howdy, that sucker has a big ol flute running up the spine of it. Classic paleo but I personally don't know what to call it? Out of the older types made like that that I am familiar with....Clovis is the closest thing I can some up with. Whatever the case that is VERY cool to know that pieces like that exist in your camp! So what's next, a couple matching banner stones? The skies the limit my friend. Very sweet find indeed!

As usual, a great assortment of styles and colors for the day. Congrats on a fine day under the open sky.

Edit: After looking at other examples....that's gotta be a Clovis.
                      Last edited by Johnny; 06-01-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Sweet stuff! Thats a great point!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Boy howdy, that sucker has a big ol flute running up the spine of it. Classic paleo but I personally don't know what to call it? Out of the older types made like that that I am familiar with....Clovis is the closest thing I can some up with. Whatever the case that is VERY cool to know that pieces like that exist in your camp! So what's next, a couple matching banner stones? The skies the limit my friend. Very sweet find indeed!

As usual, a great assortment of styles and colors for the day. Congrats on a fine day under the open sky.

Edit: After looking at other examples....that's gotta be a Clovis.

In my opinion it is definitely Clovis. The base appears to have been anciently broken in the hafting area and rechipped. On the patinated side, you can see the remnants of the original flute with rework intruding into it in spots. Im liking it! You know how that old stuff feels...

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            In my opinion it is definitely Clovis. The base appears to have been anciently broken in the hafting area and rechipped. On the patinated side, you can see the remnants of the original flute with rework intruding into it in spots. Im liking it! You know how that old stuff feels...
                            The base kind of had me puzzled at first glance but after looking at it for a bit, it seems like it was broke a little at one point and re-shaped...so what you just said makes sense. A Clovis it is. Wow man, one can only dream. That's the good stuff right there. Congrats on one heck of a find.

Comment

At one point this thing would have been HUGE! It is seriously resharpened. The last guy to sharpen the blade knew what he was doing!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                At one point this thing would have been HUGE! It is seriously resharpened. The last guy to sharpen the blade knew what he was doing!
                                Yea he did. The resharpened tip reminds me of of a big tip to a Scotty I found years back. Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X