No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome stuff coiming from your site. Loving every bit of it.

Comment

Following every day here from a long way from Tx, but I'm drooling over all these finds. Most of what we have in my area of GA are all made of white quartz. Every one I find fills me with elation and wonder. Been a long time since we had American Indians living in my area and to find a perfect point is a thing of beauty and joy. I would to have a place like you have to dig. Amazing stuff. Keep the pixs coming!

Comment

The pic of the ash is way cool. From the pic it appears to be the first layer?? I am surprised there were not layers of ash above the 8' level. What is your opinion?

The dig pics are awesome please keep that part of the daily special.

Nice finds.

Comment

Still here and following along. Love the pics of all the finds.

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

check in daily even if only tbh thread I look at many days....

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                The pic of the ash is way cool. From the pic it appears to be the first layer?? I am surprised there were not layers of ash above the 8' level. What is your opinion?

The dig pics are awesome please keep that part of the daily special.

Nice finds.
                There are three layers in most of the site. There is about 4ft of clean white sand with nothing in it inbetween.

Comment

I posted the Paleo stuff from yesterday but didnt really explain where I got them. I had dug across the "well" and was following the clay out. I had gotten about 30ft past the well and the ground sloped off toward flood plain so i didnt think there was much there but to my surprise the paleo layer began to widen and the hard pan started to rise. This got me excited because I realized that there had been a small hump in the ancient land scape on the other side of the well! Thats where the goodies came from yesterday.

Today, I started digging two blade wide and straight away. Sure enough the little hump gas a nice layer of old stuff on it. Im not sure how long the hump is but I found a nice Angostura and a Scotts bluff that was incredible in its earlier stages. Also found a petrified wood point that is seriously ground. Dont know what it is.
                  Attached Files

Comment

found two more manning Fused Glass points and a cool point made from petrified grape vine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

very nice just checking in

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

wow, just wow!

Comment

Can you imagine going to "The Campfire" back then? And all the paleo TBHers back then bring their favorite points lashed and/or glued on, to show one another ?

GarGuy, your in a Paleo Bownanza I say!!!

Comment

I read this whole sucker a few days ago!

I like those last pics of what the ground looks like that you're diggin into that face. It looks just like I thought it would the way you've been describing things.

I don't know squat about this stuff, but I'll be readin along.

Comment

Working...
                                X