No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GG, What point type is that at the top of the first pic in post #3101? I have one and can't pin an accurate ID.

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
      GG, What point type is that at the top of the first pic in post #3101? I have one and can't pin an accurate ID.
      Gary knives

Comment

The one that you named FLOUNDER is an absolute beauty, as are the other two. I am curious though....With as many artifacts as you have found throughout the years, what is it that makes it the best personal find you have? Is it type, age, flaking quality, rare type or a combination of all?

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
          The one that you named FLOUNDER is an absolute beauty, as are the other two. I am curious though....With as many artifacts as you have found throughout the years, what is it that makes it the best personal find you have? Is it type, age, flaking quality, rare type or a combination of all?
          All of that plus symmetry, size, thinness, and flaking tech.

Comment

Some oldies
            Attached Files

Comment

More
              Attached Files

Comment

After all the crazy flooding, I figured there might be a little gravel worth grubbing in my creek at the arrowhead site. No jaw droppers but fun in the water.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice points sir...................

Comment

Would love to go visit you, and dig with you once in my lifetime Sir.

Those are all amazing!

Comment

What is that round one - mano, hammer stone?

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                        What is that round one - mano, hammer stone?
                        Man is odd and fine. It is a large agate ground smooth and flat on both sides. One side has a nutting/anvil Indention. The polish on the surface us the finest I ever saw. Slick j.g er than glass.

Comment

This post made me want to get back and dig in our pit. Spent a few hours this morning sifting dirt. No real killers but it was fun to find some again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                            This post made me want to get back and dig in our pit. Spent a few hours this morning sifting dirt. No real killers but it was fun to find some again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Nothing wrong with that. 8 dandy perds. Some heart breakers there too.
                            Last edited by GarGuy; 06-13-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Trying to post picture. Found this in atascosa county.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                                Trying to post picture. Found this in atascosa county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X