Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Figured I would bump this thread. Dad and I plan to start digging again this spring.
    Awesome, can't wait!

Comment

Figured I would bump this thread. Dad and I plan to start digging again this spring.
      Can't wait to see the results. I've found very few pieces but love everything about this stuff!

Comment

What a cool thread! Very interesting.

Question, I've got property in Jackson County north of Edna. Our property line is a few hundred yards from the Lavaca River and there are many deep drainages on our place that head to the river. It is sandy soil and these drainages dont hold water unless there is a hard rain. Is this an area where I may find artifacts?

Comment

Awesome garguy! I look forward to it, it's one of my favorite threads to follow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Did yall buy another place?

Comment

Best thread ever. Thanks GarGuy for sharing all your knowledge with us!

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                What a cool thread! Very interesting.

Question, I've got property in Jackson County north of Edna. Our property line is a few hundred yards from the Lavaca River and there are many deep drainages on our place that head to the river. It is sandy soil and these drainages dont hold water unless there is a hard rain. Is this an area where I may find artifacts?
                That place will be loaded and a dream to dig in that sand. Probably every hump along those draws are sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Did yall buy another place?
                  We have been digging in a friends place. Last fall we found over 1000 in 14 hours of digging there.

Comment

Just finished going over this thread, man its neat.

Comment

Dad and I been digging a lot. Friday and Saturday we dug these two caches. First is Gary knives.

Second is a fine cache of Angosturas. All stages from preform to exhausted. Enjoy.. Steve
                      Attached Files

Comment

What a handful of knives. Spectacular! Club heads pretty nice as well. Oh what the hell the points are not too bad either Thanks for sharing. Matt

Comment

Wow! That’s more ancient goodness than most people find in a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                            What a handful of knives. Spectacular! Club heads pretty nice as well. Oh what the hell the points are not too bad either Thanks for sharing. Matt
                            Lol. Tos points are just old Gary's after all. 4 inches but dang Garys

Comment

That's some awesome finds. Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                                That's some awesome finds. Keep them coming!
                                We have found thousands lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X