Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Mini Clovis, I didn't know they made glass heads back then j/k. That's a beautiful piece! I'm sure the original owner was well placed at the top of his tribe with super powers .
    My first thought was that it might be ornamental but after looking at it closely, it shows use and resharpening. Fantastic find considering that was StickMans FIRST arrowhead hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      The show was awesome, yet overwhelming. I met a bunch of nice folks but didn't have the time to visit as much as I wanted.

Stickman came out and had quite a reception. heck he went out and found himself a Mini-Clovis last week! To top that off, it was made of clear agate almost as clear as a crystal. He could have left that show with a pocket full of money but decided to take his little prize home with him and Im not sure I blame him. I wont post a pic without his permission but its pretty sweet. It was neat to show that to a guy with 5,000,000 plus dollars in Clovis sitting there and hear him say,"HOLY SMOKES!" lol.
      $5,000,000? Wow, he must have had a LOT of exceptional artifacts! I wish I had made it to the show!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        $5,000,000? Wow, he must have had a LOT of exceptional artifacts! I wish I had made it to the show!
        I would say the collection was pretty staggering. Artifact overload...

Comment

Heck of a Clovis Stickman!! Very nice. Did anyone try to buy it off of you? I hope to make that show one day.

Comment

The show is a must do for any artifact hunter. There was quite a bit of interest in that point but I decided to get it papered and hold on to it.

Comment

Outstanding point Stickman. Did you dig that or was it a surface find?

Comment

Originally posted by KickerPoint79 View Post
                Outstanding point Stickman. Did you dig that or was it a surface find?
                Surface...being a newbie I would never have known it was anything special if it were'nt for GG. He has been tremendously helpful.
                Last edited by stickman; 06-10-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Yeah, great point, I enjoyed seeing it. It's probably not going DOWN in value any time soon, so I think holding on to it was a good move! Lots of arrowhead collectors hunt their whole lives without finding a Clovis, nevermind a clear one

Don

Comment

Thanks don,
                    That is a killer mount in your avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                      Surface...being a newbie I would never have known it was anything special if it were'nt for GG. He has been tremendously helpful.
                      Awesome.

Comment

Hit em had today. Got a bunch of interesting stuff. An almost complete Andice, 5 paleos, and a bunch of goodies. This post may take three post to complete so bear with me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Love this twisted "Meserved" Plainview
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ill get a better pic of the birdie. Never seen a point as curved as that one either.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I want to personally thank you guys(garguy and johnny) for postimg tbe pics and answering so many questions. I have learned so much off of the threads on this site. I kow by posting you are taking a big risk of some low life raiding your camps. Thanks.

Comment

More great stuff Steve. Keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X