Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Thanks Johnny! Your a hard man to impress so Im feeling pretty good about myself now! LOL.

How about that dang Bronson Blade!?!?

The name "Barson" is new to me. How about a little back ground on this blade? It's wicked looking, that's for sure. Pretty piece no doubt!

Comment

I am astounded at the sheer number of quality points you're pulling out of that dig site. I would love to hear those points talk, I'm sure the stories would be astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        The name "Barson" is new to me. How about a little back ground on this blade? It's wicked looking, that's for sure. Pretty piece no doubt!
        Its a Bronson Blade. They are super rare late Archaic. Almost all are pet wood. They are a long thin, extremely well worked blade almost like a huge bird point. The base is never finished out and usually has cortex on it like this one. I have 8 of them and would bet thats by far the largest collection out there.

They are the East Tx equivelent of a skinny Kerville knife. Some people speculate they were for cleaning fish kinda like a fillet knife.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	excavate60%20025.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24203091

Dude, quit holding out on us.
          We want to see the good stuff.

Handfull of centerpieces in 1 day.
          You did great.
          As always, thanks for sharing.

Comment

I am in awe of the craftsmanship they had in making these fine points and keep wondering how difficult it must have been to bang a couple of "rocks" together to make one with such detail. Garguy or Johnny (or one of you other artifact hunters), have y'all ever tried to make one with success?

Comment

Reading through this makes me want to head to our place in Lampasas and dig up an old campsite we have just south of my grandparents house there. We have found lots of points on surface there, but never really dug for anything. Pretty amazing stuff you have found.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                I am in awe of the craftsmanship they had in making these fine points and keep wondering how difficult it must have been to bang a couple of "rocks" together to make one with such detail. Garguy or Johnny (or one of you other artifact hunters), have y'all ever tried to make one with success?
                Yes I have tried it and didnt have much luck. There are folks out there that cane make em though.

Comment

Great Day! Congrats!

It has been a while since I said thanks for sharing the pics. So THANKS AGAIN!

Comment

I missed this yesterday! Nice find on the Scotty it is a beauty... And that blade I don't recall ever seeing anything like it..

Comment

Thanks guys. On the Bronson blade, i have posted a couple in the past but didnt talk about them much.

Heres another
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like the red one better.. Very easy to see how the base was not sharpened..Very cool..

Comment

Wow wow wow! Those are some amazing pieces. The work put into those are incredible, awesome finds

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Its a Bronson Blade. They are super rare late Archaic. Almost all are pet wood. They are a long thin, extremely well worked blade almost like a huge bird point. The base is never finished out and usually has cortex on it like this one. I have 8 of them and would bet thats by far the largest collection out there.

They are the East Tx equivelent of a skinny Kerville knife. Some people speculate they were for cleaning fish kinda like a fillet knife.
                            Very interesting. That's a really sweet looking piece. Your best Bronson to date? Love the colors in that sucker and very well made!

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                            Garguy or Johnny (or one of you other artifact hunters), have y'all ever tried to make one with success?
                            Yep, and I gave up after 10 minutes and have never tried again.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Johnny, I have a couple of better Bronson Blades. Just tried to take pics of them and the Andice from yesterday but my cam batteries are dead. Ill post em up later.

Comment

Working...
                                X