Willie Robertson pre beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
    yes i have. if you don't have phil and his product you have nothing to promote.

no one cares to see willie they want to see phil. willie is nothing more than a agent to a celebrity.

phil has the typical north la attitude . he wants to make enough money to hunt and fish and he is happy happy happy.(same attitude all my family and their friends have up there)

willie wanted more and promoted phil and his product.

so i guess we can thank all those sports agents who got michael jordan and the rest those endorsement deals for making them what they are today.......
    Eggzagry!!

That's my same attitude, after all, I was hatched right there in West Monroe.

Reminds me a lot of Michael Waddell and the "Bone Collector" line of b.s. that's strewn all over every outdoor shop shelf. He was nothing but a camera man that had won a few turkey calling competitions. He got in front of the camera for a little while then his marketing department started the bone collector line. Just to make more $$$. I'd like to see one piece of hunting equipment that there isn't some model with the Bone Collector endorsement on it. I personally will NOT purchase ANYTHING with the Bone Collector name on it...

It's ALL a money marketing scheme. That's what Willie is good at. And like you said, Phil just wanted enough money for gas, shells and a little left over for can food...

Willie would be nowhere without Phil and without Willie, the family would be "just getting by" if they all profited from the Duck Commander line. Now they're millionaires, thanks to Willie AND Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
      i think all the brothers' wives are on the show.....but we need more jessica on the show though..
      x 1000!!!

Comment

Tubby, I agree with you 100%. I do not buy anything that has a celebrity's name on it and try to stay away from a lot of the merchandise they promote although that is hard.

Duck Dynasty is a great show, and yes without Phil, no duck calls and without Willie, no show and million dollar salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          .....But we need more Jessica on the show though..
          Way more!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Tubby, I agree with you 100%. I do not buy anything that has a celebrity's name on it and try to stay away from a lot of the merchandise they promote although that is hard.

Duck Dynasty is a great show, and yes without Phil, no duck calls and without Willie, no show and million dollar salaries.
            duck commander and willie wouldnt be anything without jase designing the calls. phil did it first but he doesnt want to work anymore. if willie didnt have jase doing the grunt work he would not have a dang thing.

Comment

yes i have. if you don't have phil and his product you have nothing to promote.

no one cares to see willie they want to see phil. willie is nothing more than a agent to a celebrity.

phil has the typical north la attitude . he wants to make enough money to hunt and fish and he is happy happy happy.(same attitude all my family and their friends have up there)

willie wanted more and promoted phil and his product.

so i guess we can thank all those sports agents who got michael jordan and the rest those endorsement deals for making them what they are today.......

Come on man....I see you have Phil and Jase's business sense. If anything it was a combination with the real payday created by Willie's business sense. Phil said it himself...why argue? Do you remember "Willie did way more with this than I ever could....Just send me a check every month?"

Phil made a simple product and great video series making a respectable lifestyle for himself. Willie took his Dad's initial product, his notoriety....and with the help of Jase made it better, created more product lines, got better higher paying sponsors and initiated more money avenues besides videos and a handful of duck calls. He took them ALL to a helluva payday which is what your initial comment was anyway.

And yes without Nike's, The NBA's, Gatorade's, Coke's, McDonalds', Hanes' etc marketing and business sense and savy, Jordan doesn't have the payday he had, currently has, nor does he have the global recognition.

willie just needs to set back and let si take him to a payday....
              There is no doubt Jase and Si are the stars of the show......a show Willie probably had the idea for. They are my two favorites along with Phil. However, I don't think you get rich on a little A&E cable show....they are probably making more from product promotion. However, according to you that has no place in the credit for the money made....
              Last edited by Smart; 05-24-2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                duck commander and willie wouldnt be anything without jase designing the calls. phil did it first but he doesnt want to work anymore. if willie didnt have jase doing the grunt work he would not have a dang thing.

And vice versa....Jase would be on the side of the road selling them with his buffalo if not for Willie. Fortunately for them both, they work together...and that they sell more than just calls..
                Last edited by Smart; 05-24-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

The picture of Willie is hilarious.

Comment

Come on man....I see you have Phil and Jase's business sense. If anything it was a combination with the real payday created by Willie's business sense. Phil said it himself...why argue? Do you remember "Willie did way more with this than I ever could....Just send me a check every month?"

Phil made a simple product and great video series making a respectable lifestyle for himself. Willie took his Dad's initial product, his notoriety....and with the help of Jase made it better, created more product lines, got better higher paying sponsors and initiated more money avenues besides videos and a handful of duck calls. He took them ALL to a helluva payday which is what your initial comment was anyway.

And yes without Nike's, The NBA's, Gatorade's, Coke's, McDonalds', Hanes' etc marketing and business sense and savy, Jordan doesn't have the payday he had, currently has, nor does he have the global recognition.

take all jordons endorsements away and he is still one of the greatest players ever. nothing his agents can do for or against that. without talent agents have nothing no matter how much business skills they have

There is no doubt Jase and Si are the stars of the show......a show Willie probably had the idea for. They are my two favorites along with Phil. However, I don't think you get rich on a little A&E cable show....they are probably making more from product promotion. However, according to you that has no place in the credit for the money made....
                    again i will say it. without phil there is NO willie.

willie is no doubt the one with business skills just as agents for sports figures are.

willie even said in the episode where he picked up phil in the helicopter. the people want to see phil or else he would left phil to his beaver killing.

so why argue willie even said it......

willie did more with the company than phil ever wanted to do.

willie has all the credit for making the company big. willie is nothing more than a agent to phil's talent.

most those folks up there don't care about money as long as they can hunt and fish.

jase even said it in an episode. when the fish are running i will be running with them. so why argue??????

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      Which means they are a great team of guys together. They all need each other and have a great thing going. Seem to be one big happy family.

Comment

I think all the brothers' wives are on the show.....but we need more Jessica on the show though..
                        Shes definitely the best looking one.

Comment

willie is no doubt the one with business skills just as agents for sports figures are.

willie did more with the company than phil ever wanted to do.

Thank you......The initial comment was about a big payday.....Willie did that for the company....period...
                          Last edited by Smart; 05-24-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Ta heck with them all! Si IS DA MAN!!!

Comment

I hope the GS mag. doesn't hit it big and start selling off the shelves. People will start talking about the powers that b. Saying this and that about them. Willie did right by his family and has the life EVERYONE on here dreams of. And y'all start dogging him. Very sad.
                              By the way it is funny seeing Willie and his wife from back in the day.
                              BRAD

Comment

willie even said in the episode where he picked up phil in the helicopter. the people want to see phil or else he would left phil to his beaver killing.

so why argue willie even said it......
                                There is no meeting to attend or helicopter to ride in without Willie...

most those folks up there don't care about money as long as they can hunt and fish.

jase even said it in an episode. when the fish are running i will be running with them. so why argue??????

LOL...you were the one who initiated the payday talk...

Comment

Working...
                                X