Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered Livestock to qualify Ag Exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
    Is that your primary business?
    Ive talked to this senior appraiser and she knows that our prop.has been under ag ex until we bought it and she said I could do livestock or crop, never mentioned anything about having to be business or primary business so I am bit confused by having to be a business when this is for county tax on prop. Enlighten me?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
      Ive talked to this senior appraiser and she knows that our prop.has been under ag ex until we bought it and she said I could do livestock or crop, never mentioned anything about having to be business or primary business so I am bit confused by having to be a business when this is for county tax on prop. Enlighten me?
      Read the link I posted earlier (and am reposting for you) You ARE getting a county exemption because you are going to do agricultural stuff typical for your area/terrain but technically it is really an open space exemption for county taxes.

The county appraisers are accustomed to hearing people call it an ag exemption and don't correct you. Just read it and you will understand. I'm not trying to argue with you.

Heres the link:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/pdf/1361.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
        Read the link I posted earlier (and am reposting for you) You ARE getting a county exemption because you are going to do agricultural stuff typical for your area/terrain but technically it is really an open space exemption.

The county appraisers are accustomed to hearing people call it an ag exemption and don't correct you. Just read it and you will understand. I'm not trying to argue with you.

Heres the link:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/pdf/1361.pdf
        Gotcha. I will read it when I get home, btw, thanks for the link...no, not tryin to argue w ypu just confused bec she said traditional ag ex...so is why...I will talk to her more tomorrow.

Comment

My Inlaws have some bluebird houses. I kid you not. They take inventory of the nests and count eggs, etc.... And it qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
            My Inlaws have some bluebird houses. I kid you not. They take inventory of the nests and count eggs, etc.... And it qualifies.
            Yeah, am aware because if I stayed w wildlife ex, one of my list would be depredating. Id have to keep a log book of how predators were exterminated, time, date.and such.

Other one was wood ducks, bats, song birds. Id have to keep.census on it.

Comment

Yeah, am aware because if I stayed w wildlife ex, one of my list would be depredating. Id have to keep a log book of how predators were exterminated, time, date.and such.

Other one was wood ducks, bats, song birds. Id have to keep.census on it.
              When I did bought my land it already had a 1d1 exemption (open space). I looked into the wildlife thing but my appraisal district makes you jump thru mucho hoops to go wildlife exempt. A lot easier just maintaining the ag exemption.

If its a real thick place and you are claiming cattle....all they do is look for cow turds....most won't even walk the property. Some don't even check it out at all.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                When I did bought my land it already had a 1d1 exemption (open space). I looked into the wildlife thing but my appraisal district makes you jump thru mucho hoops to go wildlife exempt. A lot easier just maintaining the ag exemption.

If its a real thick place and you are claiming cattle....all they do is look for cow turds....most won't even walk the property. Some don't even check it out at all.
                Really? It was really simple to do the wildlife and when I send it in, got approved within a week.

I see about cow turds. Lol...Im thinking of doing crops.

Comment

Really? It was really simple to do the wildlife and when I send it in, got approved within a week.

I see about cow turds. Lol...Im thinking of doing crops.
                  I wanted to do a wildlife exemption and when i looked into it the appraiser for Burleson County makes u bring in a biologist to develop a plan for your property. You are not allowed to do it yourself. Then detailed records must be kept for everything. You can't choose the items...the biologist does. You also have to send in pictures every year of all the things they tell u to do.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    I wanted to do a wildlife exemption and when i looked into it the appraiser for Burleson County makes u bring in a biologist to develop a plan for your property. You are not allowed to do it yourself. Then detailed records must be kept for everything. You can't choose the items...the biologist does. You also have to send in pictures every year of all the things they tell u to do.
                    I see...I think you should have talked to your region TPWD person who's in charge of WLF Ex. Actually, they send you a Wildlife Plan that's already filled out in PDF format and all you have to do is fill in the blanks and decide which 3 out of 7 plans you wanted to do for your land in that region. Send that in with open space form to County Appraisal District. Only about 15 pages, maybe, altogether to fill out.

Sorry to hear they gave you a hard.time...maybe you, if you really want.to convert it into WLF then you can research and talk to TPWD in your region and try it again? Good luck!

Our county, region, is called Post Oak Blackland Prairie. You will be able to find this out on TPWD's website. Hope Ive covered everything for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X