No announcement yet.

cell phone bills???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a galaxy s2 and wife had iPhone 4 both unlimited txt and data with I think 750 min and m2m for $180 month.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by STXBowhunter View Post
      I hear ya brother!!!
      I was talking to my mom who was telling me she didnt know how we do it (the wife and I raising the kid today) off a single income...

when my parents had me, and raised me.

We had NO cell phones. just a lan line that was like 5 bucks a month. water was free (well) we could hand pump it, but did have an electric pump to the house.

electric bills were 30 bucks a month. NO internet. NO cable TV. people actually went outside or watched movies.

insurance costs were nill... Gas was 89 cents a gallon (started to get pricey according to mom and dad) and the house payment and land payment was 400 or 500 a month... basically you could live for 600 bucks a month or less. and still buy beer and gas...

try that today...

Comment

I get an LEO discount of 15% at Sprint. They might also give Millitary. I would ask. And I agree its ridiculous the amount of money it cost to live these days.

Comment

I dropped my number of minutes to save money. What I didn't realize, until the AT&T rep told me, is that all calls to a a cell phone are free. Only calls to a landline come off your minutes. I run a construction business with 700 minutes share with the wife and never go over. Bill for two iPhones with unlimited access runs $177.00 per month.

Comment

I feel your pain and I actually posted a thread for this exact same thing a while back. After all the research and feedback, I came to the conclusion that NO, there is nothing out there that is significantly less expensive and we are basically hosed.

Sorry...

J.P.

Comment

I am going to try the t-mobil from walmart. 45 for the first line and 35 each additonal. will see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                I get an LEO discount of 15% at Sprint. They might also give Millitary. I would ask. And I agree its ridiculous the amount of money it cost to live these days.
                Verizon gives firefighter as well. (Paid & volunteer.) I need to go in and get it just ain't got around to it

-Ike

Comment

Originally posted by BigTex.308 View Post
                  Verizon gives firefighter as well. (Paid & volunteer.) I need to go in and get it just ain't got around to it

-Ike
                  Verizon does the same for teachers as well. I'm paying 60 dollars less a month than I was paying with AT&T. can't beat that with a bat!

Comment

I just got off the phone with ATT. My wife found out they were charging my account for a blackberry dataplan on a regular old junker phone. $200 credit coming. Watch your bills.

Comment

I have 5 phones on my plan and 4 are iPhones. Two have unlimited data, all have unlimited text and 1800 minutes. The other two iPhones have the $15 data plans and I pay $287 a month.

Comment

I have three iPhones and an air card and mine is always around $300.

Comment

Working...
                        X