No announcement yet.

Official 2012 bowfishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gibbons bound saturday night. any one else headed out?

Comment

I'm gonna try to shoot a pig on Saturday, then get the boat and check it out on Sunday afternoon after church... Might give it a whirl one day next week... we'll see.

Comment

Low Fence, have you been yet? Went to Lake Quitman Saturday after getting a good report Friday. It turned cold and I guess they went back deep. Saw very few fish.

Comment

Does any one have any new pics or updates of the this weekends fishing trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan M. View Post
            I'll be chimed in.
            Looking to buy my first "bow fishing" rig this year and get started.
            Ditto for me. I've always wanted to try it.

-Ike

Comment

Originally posted by ROCK88 View Post
              Low Fence, have you been yet? Went to Lake Quitman Saturday after getting a good report Friday. It turned cold and I guess they went back deep. Saw very few fish.
              I've fished that whole lake in a night several times and on a great night you can shoot 12-15 fish. Its too slow for me, but I haven't even been yet. Getting ready for our Javi trip...........then I might get mad at em

Comment

i backed out on my gibbons trip tonight. it turned out cold again and i called the ranger station at the lake. the power plant is shut down and will be for another 30 days. that means no warm water!

i did however find another "spot" im gona scout tomorrw after chruch. will post how it turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCK88 View Post
                  I've fished that whole lake in a night several times and on a great night you can shoot 12-15 fish. Its too slow for me, but I haven't even been yet. Getting ready for our Javi trip...........then I might get mad at em

Comment

Gettin my stuff together! Anyone been to fairfield yet? Tilapia?

Comment

Well I got part of the boat ready but I ran out of lights got to get more and still have to build a genne stand. I can't figure out how to put pics on here with my phone.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2906.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24058969

Name:	101_2923.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	24058972

Name:	101_2912.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	24058970

Name:	101_2913.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	24058971

Made it out last night for about 2 hours. Used the trident on three and the bow on one. If I would have had someone else to drive/paddle for me it would have been a lot easier. And with the river being like 6 feet above normal it was a pretty tough night but defiantly worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
                          Gettin my stuff together! Anyone been to fairfield yet? Tilapia?
                          Went last weekend and the talapia are still deep and the water is super muddy

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                            i backed out on my gibbons trip tonight. it turned out cold again and i called the ranger station at the lake. the power plant is shut down and will be for another 30 days. that means no warm water!

i did however find another "spot" im gona scout tomorrw after chruch. will post how it turns out!
                            I'm almost done with my boat. Going to head out to gibbons sat night if all goes well. Maybe we can set something up and get the local tbh crew out there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                              I'm almost done with my boat. Going to head out to gibbons sat night if all goes well. Maybe we can set something up and get the local tbh crew out there soon.
                              i took today (friday) off. the boat is loaded and will be heading out shortly. gona take all 3 of my boys fishing today. Moma will pick them up at 5 and i will spend the rest of the night on gibbons.

HOPE to be posting pics tomorrow!!!!

Comment

this is gona be a tough year for me. the power plant in Carlos is shut down for repairs till the end of march. this means not hot water. will have to wait on mother nature to kick off the spawn. rod fishing was great and we brought home some nice cats. bowfishing is another stroy. the lake was VERY low last summer and as a result grass and small trees started growing along the waters edge. now that the lake is full all of the grass and trees are still there. kinda hard to sneak up on fish when you have to drive a bull dozer to get to them. we did hit 5 gar in 3 hours of hunting and saw maybe 10 gar all together. saw NO carp, buffalo or talapia.

Comment

Working...
                                X