No announcement yet.

Official 2012 bowfishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be tuned in too... Will get the boat ready this week... Spawn should be pretty soon. I would love to see a bowfishing forum added similar to the Traditional forum, but for bowfishing... You all know when you start bowfishing, there is no off-season.

I'll add that shooting high poundage bows in the areas where I fish mostly the water clarity is not the greatest, and with a miss, you will spend a lot of time trying to dig arras out of old logs and just mud.

The use of fastflight string will eliminate the problem of string being cut by scales on pass thrus. That still doesn't solve the problem of getting the fish off the line if the arra passes all the way through. It's tough to get the string untangled and then get the arra back through the hole. You can tie the arra on the slide with a loop so it is easy to take off. That will help on pass thrus too because you can easily take the arra off without having to cut and re-tie.

Comment

Ill be your huckleberry. Heres last night on Inks. Bill from BowfishingAdventures.com will get you on fish. Hitting them is up to you. He is out of Bastrop.
      Attached Files

Comment

That is cool I am for a bowfishing only forum. I am gettin my boat ready for some hardcore bowfishin, I plan on goin to some bowfishing tournaments this year so maybe we all can get together and go stick some fish.

Comment

well crud, i went to gibbons last night and it was COLD!! had a stiff wind blowing too. tryed out my new rig, its about half done but worked great. we saw 5 fish with 3 hours of trolling the shore line. shallow water is grown up from the water level being so low all summer. my buddy made a great shot on a wee gar and that was the only fish boated. when i got there i found out that the power plant is shut down for repairs and there was no hot water being dumped into the lake. i think that and a VERY cold night was the reason for the lack of fish. had a great time though.

Comment

Anyone fishing around Wise County?

Comment

I hope to add some pics to this thread soon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Anyone fishing around Wise County?
                If ya got a boat, Go to Bridgeport

Comment

I know that..... I wanted to know if anyone else was bowfishing

Comment

Oh sorry just trying to help ya out

Comment

Water is to muddy here right now. It shall be on soon though

Comment

Originally posted by Gargantuan View Post
                        Water is to muddy here right now. It shall be on soon though
                        yes it is muddy.

Comment

Ttt ?

Comment

Any Waco reports?

Comment

how about limestone or sommerville reports.

Comment

I think recurves work better for bowfishing because on the smaller fish, you can draw back only half-way or whatever you think you need to for the size of the fish. Like said above, it`s a pain to get the arrow out when you shoot all the way thru the fish.
                                I shoot a 50 lb. recurve but don`t draw all the way back on small fish.

I enjoyed bowfishing for several years but sold my boat 3-4 years ago, just got tired of it I guess.

Here`s a picture of one of my best gar from lake Amistad.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X