No announcement yet.

Cutting Ditch/ Swale in Yard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent a small skid and be done with it. The walk behind dingo suck big time imo just depends on what type of soil your working with. They have mini type skids that are right at 4ft wide I believe .

Comment

I used a little 22 horse tractor and box blade one time, and adjusted one of the 3point pins higher than the other to get a nice V to it.
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-25-2024, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Rent a backhoe with a 2ft or 3ft wide bucket and be done in 30 minutes.

Comment

Iron Craft offset grader blades work great. Check out the 4400. It can be adjusted in many ways. I use mine for my road and cutting bar ditches.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

If you can rent a sod cutter, just make a couple passes with it then use a rake to shape it. You'll still have to move some soil by hand but it wont be too difficult.
            That was a thought but ive never used one. Seems it might cut dirt better than the little stand on skid steers? How deep can you set one to cut?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              Rent a backhoe with a 2ft or 3ft wide bucket and be done in 30 minutes.
              Thought about that too but don't want the yard looking like it got hit with a WWII bombing run.

Comment

Box blade tilted at an angle.

Comment

3-4 shovel blades wide by 75 ft. Shouldnt be too bad of a job. I would rather that over digging up a sewer line under oak trees any day.If thats too much work then what Dale Moser said works pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post

That was a thought but ive never used one. Seems it might cut dirt better than the little stand on skid steers? How deep can you set one to cut?
                    Depends on the machine but you should be able to cut 3" deep.

Comment

Working...
                    X