No announcement yet.

Red Lobster going BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read a company bought red lobster with a stipulation that split the land and the resturaunt. The company that bought the land raised lease prices on RL until they could no longer afford it. I dont know if its true, it was on the internet. Sounds like RL seriously ****ed up and it cost them

Comment

The Taco Bell of seafood. I’m amazed they made it this long. 100% imported seafood. Cheap garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by old shrimper View Post
        Biggest user of farm raised imported shrimp there is. Pure garbage
        Yeah , a Thai shrimp company bought enough stock to control which shrimp RL would distribute to all the franchises
        creating a monopoly for them

Comment

The cost of new microwaves went up...Red Lobster out of business. Olive Garden, Chilis, Applebees, TGIF to follow.

Comment

Sign of the times.

We used to be a proper country where taking your lady to endless shrimp was fine dining. Yuppies!

Comment

Saw they’re building a brand new LJS in Weatherford!
              I guess they will have fresh grease for the first month anyway.
              Figured they were gone, when they bulldozed the old building.

Comment

I LOVE seafood, and I bet I havn't been in a Red Lobster in 20 years.

Comment

Only thing I remember eating at RL is the king crab legs, but they haven't offered them since Dale last went.

Comment

Back in the day I'd get the Sailors Platter. Substitute grilled fish for fried and the fried shrimp with another scampi. That had to have been over 2k calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      The cost of new microwaves went up...Red Lobster out of business. Olive Garden, Chilis, Applebees, TGIF to follow.
                      I wont miss a one of em. Try to eat family owned restaurants as much as possible. Service and food is usually better anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        I heard Red Lobster was going bankrupt. This mean going away or "bankrupt" like we see many companies do and never go away?

What have you heard the reason is they are going bankrupt?
                        The news tried to say it was because we the people consumed too much shrimp during the endless shrimp campaign. The real story had to do with hedge fund acquisitions, separating property from the business and the hedge fund raising rent rates on the locations running them out of business.

Whats the real story ? 🤣😂🤣

Why does the government promote drugs like weed, don’t do crap about fentanyl, but will send a SWAT team after raw milk producers ? 🤣😂🤣

Comment

Never been

Comment

We ate there 2 weeks back. Still not very good...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

Is beef steak like pot weed?
                              haha.

Yes. Just more expensive. !

Comment

I guess they quit bring the biscuits to the table

Comment

Working...
                                X