Red Lobster going BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Lobster going BK?

I heard Red Lobster was going bankrupt. This mean going away or "bankrupt" like we see many companies do and never go away?

What have you heard the reason is they are going bankrupt?

I would assume the issue is serving sub-par food, in a dated atmosphere with a skyrocketing cost of goods.

Comment

They did a all you can eat shrimp deal and people were packing them in bags to take home. It cost them big time.

50 reasturants closing and the backrupcy is to realign finances to pay off their debt and come back strong.

Comment

Seems like seafood restaurants would do better since beef steak has gotten so expensive in restaurants.

not sure about the “coming back strong”. For all the employees I sure hope so.

Comment

Nasty azz food to start. Read the all you can eat shrimp was a big money loser for them. Too many pigs came to the trough.

Comment

Quit going years ago !
            When they got rid of the sweet and sour sauce. Used to wear out an admirals platter.

Comment

Hard to keep a seafood restaurant open when the only thing worth eating is the biscuits. And nowadays the is a “juicy crab” type restaurant on every corner. Too much competition and they never changed.

Comment

Affordability and poor management. Folks are looking for a good meal at a decent price when eating out and Red Lobster doesn’t fit the bill. The leadership decided to get people in by launching a new all you can eat shrimp and people started having aTikTok challenge on how many you can eat, it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Seems like seafood restaurants would do better since beef steak has gotten so expensive in restaurants.

not sure about the “coming back strong”. For all the employees I sure hope so.
                  Is beef steak like pot weed?

Comment

Those biscuits can only take'm so far.

Comment

Heard they are closing 99 restaurants. I always liked it, but then again, where I live, there isn’t any seafood restaurants close unless you consider Fish Daddy’s one!!!
                      They closed the one here in CS 2 or 3 years ago. All I heard was they quit paying rent on the building.

Comment

Build, back, better. I’ve seen more: TGI Fridays, Boston Market, Hardee’s, White Castle.

Comment

I heard they were gonna go strictly crawfish……but they backed out.

Comment

Just the beginnings…the prediction is that business all across the spectrum are about to start folding.

people cannot/will not afford to pay current prices.

I hope everyone is getting their own houses in order

Comment

They took away all incentive to go there since you can now buy the biscuit mix in the grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                              X