Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

I'll check them out. Thanks.
    Wife did offer to write check on the spot if they came off a couple thousand and they did. She's a lot better at it than I am because based on reputation and first quote I was willing to pull the trigger. He did say "I'll have to call the owner" and after he did the guy was truly surprised or an incredible actor because he said he was shocked and he looked it when owner said yes. I can read people pretty well and he wasn't playing a game. I knew about them due to ads on WBAP radio but they also now advertise a few others if that matters. I like their morning show and they were a sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      ...We live in the country and wanted nothing in windows to block view and saw no need for double hung ones.
      Double Hung is an expensive option that very people will ever use. Most people will never even raise a Single-Hung window.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Clarity is offering 40% off just like NewSouth. That scares me right off the bat.
        It seems like everything is marked up to be marked down. You'll just have to hear that wonderful presentation and if it's inline with Frisco's price then you'll know what they're pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post

Double Hung is an expensive option that very people will ever use. Most people will never even raise a Single-Hung window.
          We live in country and do use the single hung option and open up but knew the double hung was a waste since wasn't like wife was going to ever tilt them in and clean them........

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

It seems like everything is marked up to be marked down. You'll just have to hear that wonderful presentation and if it's inline with Frisco's price then you'll know what they're pulling.
              I'll probably go ahead and give them a call. I'm not in a big hurry and just getting started.

Comment

Try calling someonline like Builders First Source (BFS) or Beacon Roofing Supply...they have all the big window lines and probably some in house stuff and wholesale pricing with cheaper labor.

ac

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post

Pphfft…he said double hung! ((can’t stop snickering))

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Pphfft…he said double hung! ((can’t stop snickering))
                    🤣

Comment

My neighbors just had all of theirs replaced last month. They used Anderson Windows, he said your $50k quote was about right for 25 windows.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                        My neighbors just had all of theirs replaced last month. They used Anderson Windows, he said your $50k quote was about right for 25 windows.
                        I'm curious as to what Anderson's starting quote was and how long the presentation took. Anderson windows from what I have heard are one of the highest priced out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

I'm curious as to what Anderson's starting quote was and how long the presentation took. Anderson windows from what I have heard are one of the highest priced out there.
                          Not sure on the sales tactics, but he did run off a couple different gutter salesmen due to ridiculous initial quotes, then almost immediately reducing by a large amount. I know he told one gutter guy “pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered”😁. This gentleman also seems to be able to do most things himself and has built many homes, but he’s getting up in the years.
                          Last edited by boy wonder; 05-16-2024, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Good **** ain't cheap and cheap **** ain't good.

Comment

We just built and out hurricane rated windows for entire house we not even 1/2 of that price. I’d say they were shopping for a sucker

Comment

I don't know how y'all are getting your prices. I've had 4 quotes and the cheapest is $42,000. I ain't got that kind of budget. I'll just live with what I've got.

Comment

Working...
                                X