• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

But….. but they finance also.👍👍
    There is no finance option on this one.
    Originally posted by Wiederhold View Post
    Recently went through this headache. We wound up going with Window World and were very pleased. 22 windows for $14k with a lifetime warranty. They come out once a year for 7 yrs to check the windows and caulk if necessary. I never knew it, but the window business is worse than a used car business.
    I may give them a try. Thats more in my range. I have 25 windows. I may look at solar screens also. My neighbor said they made a big difference and cheaper than windows.
    Last edited by Goldeneagle; 05-14-2024, 07:26 AM.

Comment

25 windows should be around 10-12k IMO. That quote you got is from a person that probably used to sell solar panels.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        There is no finance option on this one.

I may give them a try. Thats more in my range. I have 25 windows. I may look at solar screens also. My neighbor said they made a big difference and cheaper than windows.
        A company with pricing like that that doesn't offer financing options won't be around long. How many people have that kind of cash laying around these days? And even if they did, most folks would prefer at least a 12 month same as cash or something.

Comment

If you don't have any fancy windows with arches and have mostly standard sized square windows, you could try getting Home Depot windows. Then pay a contractor to install them. They aren't too bad to install. Did ours myself.

We had to special order a few windows that were a little taller than what they had in stock, but didn't take too long.

Huge improvement from our old single pane metal windows, when we went with the dual pane vinyl. Didn't get the gas filled or other fancy stuff though.

Disclaimer: This was about 15 years ago, so not sure how it would be now.

J

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I replaced 18 windows in our farmhouse. Cost me $12,000+/- for their best windows, installed, caulked, trimmed and cleaned. They removed old windows and hauled them off. Can't say enough about good things Gulf Coast Windows.
            This is the unofficial TBH window go to. They did a great job for us...

Comment

With manufacturing processes now days, there is no reason for a window to cost over $2000. The place that I got my new front door from gave me a window quote, but I've been waiting over a month for them to come finish. All it needs is the trim. After this, I ain't doing anymore business with them.

Comment

A coworker went through this last year. He found a local manufacturer that makes windows in Houston and Dallas and buys direct from them and he works with one installer. He doesn't do the sales pitch, just takes measurements and gives you a price.

Comment

Randy, call JJ’s Window in Carrollton. They always did a good job and price for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                    Randy, call JJ’s Window in Carrollton. They always did a good job and price for me.
                    I'll check with them. Thanks buddy.

Comment

In the DFW area and window world was by far the cheapest quote we received.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                        In the DFW area and window world was by far the cheapest quote we received.
                        They were the cheapest here in San Antonio

Comment

I was not impressed with the quality of the windows Window World was promoting.

Unfortunately, I can’t be of help to OP as I used a guy here in Houston and a know a few others here who used them as well.

Comment

We have over 30 windows and got ours done for less than $14,000 but a couple years ago. Clarity windows DFW. Vinyl, single hung, low E argon and no grills to block our views with lifetime warranty and have had them out once with no problems. Amazing difference on our electric bill not to mention sound and dust. We live in the country and wanted nothing in windows to block view and saw no need for double hung ones.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                              We have over 30 windows and got ours done for less than $14,000 but a couple years ago. Clarity windows DFW. Vinyl, single hung, low E argon and no grills to block our views with lifetime warranty and have had them out once with no problems. Amazing difference on our electric bill not to mention sound and dust. We live in the country and wanted nothing in windows to block view and saw no need for double hung ones.
                              I'll check them out. Thanks.

Comment

Clarity is offering 40% off just like NewSouth. That scares me right off the bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X