Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

1. Is there real proof he's guilty?
    2. Expand on point #1 - If any person shot a 90" buck in this exact same scenario would they be charged? If charged would they be found guilty?
    3. Just saying we all see crimes far worse every day. No one gives a crap. But for a big buck they do.

Carry on.
    1. Sure sounds like it.
    2. Yes, if charged they'd be found guilty. They're less likely to be charged for many reasons, but mostly because the deer they shot would not be noteworthy enough for people to realize it was gone, or that someone 10 miles away was posting pictures with it. It certainly wouldn't get exposure on podcasts and social media drawing attention to the deer, and bringing up possible questions into how it was taken.
    3. It's okay for people to give a crap about big bucks and "far worse crimes" too. Just because you have an issue with say, illegal aliens, doesn't mean you can't also be ****** that a guy poached a world class buck.
    Last edited by bullets13; 05-14-2024, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

all of them saying it's just a deer would lose their mind if the best buck on their place got poached, even though for most of them it's probably not even 140 inches (most years I don't have a 140 on my place, either). Some of the responses on here are mind blowing. Hate a poacher, they're no better than a thief, and often times worse.
      They are thieves and deviant SOB’s
      that social media guy muley freak should be banned from hunting after he poached a elk in Utah served his one year ban
      then repeated it again with a mule deer in Idaho, hunting for monetary gain and prestige is what motivated these idiots

Comment

I get so tired of people on here squawking about "innocent until proven guilty". We all understand that, as it was taught in middle school. We all understand that it's not always truly the case....BUT.... no one here is going to set on a jury for this clown. No one here is going to be prosecuting him, or hearing the case. No one here has an ounce of influence on his eventual punishment. Everyone here however, is entitled to their opinions on whether or not the guy is guilty. He made the whole thing public voluntarily, and now he's reaping the results.

I worry that anyone who can't tell that dude is lying, is gonna wind up buying extended vehicle warranties over the phone, or giving your bank account # to people from India.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

10 miles is not far for a deer.
          Are you sure about that? Have you seen any of the Trump witch hunt?
          My bet is the butt hurt DA called in his posse on this old boy and they are going all in trying to make a case.
          We shall see.

Note: Never shoot big deer that a DA is hunting.
          You obviously haven't listened to this story. I suggest going and listening to the hunting story yourself. I suggest the 'Huntr' podcast and decide with the evidence presented and his crazy story that you think his actions are normal and line up

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I get so tired of people on here squawking about "innocent until proven guilty". We all understand that, as it was taught in middle school. We all understand that it's not always truly the case....BUT.... no one here is going to set on a jury for this clown. No one here is going to be prosecuting him, or hearing the case. No one here has an ounce of influence on his eventual punishment. Everyone here however, is entitled to their opinions on whether or not the guy is guilty. He made the whole thing public voluntarily, and now he's reaping the results.

I worry that anyone who can't tell that dude is lying, is gonna wind up buying extended vehicle warranties over the phone, or giving your bank account # to people from India.
            Well said

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

LMAO SO.... But thanks for sharing your valuable insight concerning this situation.

Comment

I sure was hopeful that this deer and hunter was going to turn out legit. Now the memory of the 3rd largest typical to ever be taken will always have the story start or end with "that got poached and in the states possession".

Rwc

Comment

They won’t prosecute a politician for selling out the country. But poach a deer and you get 23 charges filed. What a country.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    They won’t prosecute a politician for selling out the country. But poach a deer and you get 23 charges filed. What a country.
                    Overwhelming evidence on the politician at that!! I’d tell the fish and wildlife service to eff off. The burden of finding guilt falls on the accusers

Comment

I listened to all the podcast interviews and did some follow up web sleuthing.

Below is an aerial pic of the sister's place where CJ said he shot the deer. It's interesting to hear his play by play with this visual aid.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (262).png Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	26792098
                      Last edited by LukeDuke; 05-14-2024, 11:05 PM.

Comment

This image shows the area where the buck was known to reside.

The trail camera icon is an estimate of the camera location - the pic was labeled "power line" (on land owned by the DA's brother)

I suspect CJ shot the buck on the adjoining land owned by the city or the church land,

My guess is his wife / girlfirend dropped him off at the church parking lot - marked with a P.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (260).jpg
Views:	299
Size:	532.0 KB
ID:	26792100

Comment

This final pic shows both locations (about 10 miles apart) in one frame.

Draw your own conclusions about what a deer will do....but the 10 mile trek would involve crossing multiple major roads, jumping dozens of fences, and either swimming across or going around a sizeable reservoir.

Name:	Screenshot (261).jpg
Views:	391
Size:	518.9 KB
ID:	26792105
                          Last edited by LukeDuke; 05-14-2024, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post

Overwhelming evidence on the politician at that!! I’d tell the fish and wildlife service to eff off. The burden of finding guilt falls on the accusers
                            After watching his interviews, and reading some of his YouTube comments, I'm 99% sure that's exactly what he told them. Not sure that defense will work though.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                              This final pic shows both locations (about 10 miles apart) in one frame.

Draw your own conclusions about what a deer will do....but the 10 mile trek would involve crossing multiple major roads, jumping dozens of fences, and either swimming across or going around a sizeable reservoir.

Name:	Screenshot (261).jpg
Views:	391
Size:	518.9 KB
ID:	26792105
                              If the buck was on a hot doe he would get in the cab of your truck and hitch a ride to get to her.

Comment

Some of y’all need to find something better to do than worry about some deer in Ohio that was shot. If he’s guilty then he’s getting punished if not then he can probably work out of this. I know I’ve seen deer do weirder stuff than run 10miles in one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X