No announcement yet.

Severe geomagnetic solar storm warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of pics of the northwrn lights being posted on social media here in Oklahoma right now. We went out back on the ranch to look, but got bored and came back in (apparently too soon).

Comment

Have heard reports of some people taking pictures of it with long exposure cameras in Central Texas.

Comment

Midnight in Montana. The ccd camera in my iPhone really picks up the colors better than my eyes. The colors change continually. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9792.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	26789322 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9785.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	26789323 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9793.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	26789324 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9791.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	26789325 Amazing.

Comment

Very nice Señor Bill. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Saw a post on instagram that you could see them in McKinney last night. I work in Mckinney and didn’t see chit. Wasn’t necessarily looking for it either though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              This is like trying to predict the second coming of Christ. I won’t believe it until I see it.
              That goes for A LOT of stuff. But hey, it gives prepper tin foil hat guy something to practice hs urine purification skills

Comment

Our internet and tv's had a bad day yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Our internet and tv's had a bad day yesterday...
                  Same with us. Off air TV channels that we always get, we couldn’t get them. Our internet, T mobile cellular, kept going out and when it was working it would not allow us to stream the way it always does. This is about 40 miles east south east of San Antonio.

edit: I was able to see the red hue of the northern lights, albeit very faint, at about 9:30 last night.

Comment

One of our neighbors with a better camera took a lot of great shots, here’s one. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9796.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	26789371

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      One of our neighbors with a better camera took a lot of great shots, here’s one. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9796.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	26789371
                      Wow. Gorgeous!

Comment

I missed it . I was in bed by 9PM. Just to worn out from this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          I missed it . I was in bed by 9PM. Just to worn out from this week.
                          We may get another chance to see it tonight. Too Cloudy for us to see anything in Bullard last night. The Longview / Gilmer area had a good view. I saw pics on Facebook.

Comment

I wonder if any of those Tesla type cars fell over daid?

Comment

We've only seen the sun once in a couple of weeks & that was thursday when we hit 110...miserable with all the smoke coming up from the yucatan fires. Creepy outside.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                I wonder if any of those Tesla type cars fell over daid?
                                Nope, and they won’t from a CME.

CMEs have a very long wavelength which requires an antenna to pick up the energy. Power lines happen to be a good antenna for picking up that energy. The wiring in a vehicle is just not long enough.

An EMP on the other hand has a very short wavelength which does not need an antenna for electronics to pick up on the energy.

So if we were to have a Carrington Event size solar flare (estimated to be between X25 to X50), all that you would have to do to protect your electronics is just unplug them from the wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X