Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for an overhead hoist/winch in a shop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    This is the one that is discontinued (allegedly) and I grabbed on sale for a hundy
    I think I saw one on FB marketplace yesterday. Will have to check again.

Comment

I really wish we lived closer. That's a fairly simple fix but too complicated to explain. I'm sure any good welder could figure it out and do it for you.

Comment

My shop builder was looking at it. He's gonna send a welder over to make an I-beam with more pipe under the existing...with multiple supports. Thanks

Comment

Got that drill stem beefed up today. I just got to figure out whether I'm just going to mount the hoist/winch right in the middle or rig up some kind of trolley system. Do y'all know if unistrut could be mounted to the bottom of that pipe for a trolley?

Another option might be using one of these hoists with a heavy duty hook on it and just weld several loops up there so I can move it around if need be.

Before...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240509_103317_Gallery.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	26788054

After....

Name:	20240509_100327.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	26788055

Name:	20240509_100320.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	26788056

Hoist with hook...ideas?

Name:	20240509_103527.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	710.8 KB
ID:	26788057

Comment

That looks a lot stronger for what you are needing.

Comment

Uni-strut can…
              …never mind. I forgot for a second there that you have no interest in hearing what an engineer might have to say…
              Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Uni-strut can…
                …never mind. I forgot for a second there that you have no interest in hearing what an engineer might have to say…
                Carry on.
                Good deal! Them enga-neers can get carpal tunnel with all that typing.

Comment

Weld a couple loops on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Good deal! Them enga-neers can get carpal tunnel with all that typing.
                    Not so fast, engineers have lesser experience people do the work, then hopefully review it and then they take the credit for it. It's a hierarchy thing.

Comment

Mount that joker in the middle. You put some loops up there and want to move it. You're gonna hunt a ladder, carry it over there blah blah blah. In that time you could drag the deer over or the novel idea would be back up another foots.

In the event you feel the need to move it and say **** shane!!! I wish I had a loop. You could throw a snatch block or something

be the retired redneck!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Mount that joker in the middle. You put some loops up there and want to move it. You're gonna hunt a ladder, carry it over there blah blah blah. In that time you could drag the deer over or the novel idea would be back up another foots.

In the event you feel the need to move it and say **** shane!!! I wish I had a loop. You could throw a snatch block or something

be the retired redneck!
                        I like cool stuff. Been dealing with redneck stuff my whole life. My new hobby is cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

I like cool stuff. Been dealing with redneck stuff my whole life. My new hobby is cool stuff.
                          Pretty gnarly up there right now. Appears we lost 2 more oaks at the lake. That's 4 in a week and of course, they're all 15" plus

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

Not so fast, engineers have lesser experience people do the work, then hopefully review it and then they take the credit for it. It's a hierarchy thing.
                            Yah we low-a on da ladda. Even if I'ma elctro metalic fusionist, deal with electrons, and matalic particals. And I'ma still low-a on da ladda. Been work-n with those uppa yahoos all my life. I could speakem/tellem what da triagle-n hypotenuse and even break it down to a degree on-a square to round. But when it comes to understand-n tha arts and classics, they gets kinda lost unless theys just happens to know its all.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-09-2024, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Ifn I hads me a shoppa like-a you gots, I'd put me's a Gantry crane with x-pandable hight and widt. Then a trolly fo that lectric wench. I'd be ables to roll it around anywhere in da shoppa. Even outside when it's nice out. Then back in and out of da way when I don't needs it. In da meen times, I'ma go shop for a word spell-n progam.

Comment

Working...
                              X