This is why you don't buy stuff with out titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntergirl723 View Post

How can a GW 'recover' stolen rods and reels, etc. if they can't prove they were stolen in the first place?
    They don’t need to prove anything. Just confiscate them and let them sit. After 6 months or so the squirrel sheriff got some nice equipment to go fishing with.

Comment

Accessories don’t have titles so that narrows that down pretty quick, but yea you’d have to be an absolute idiot to buy a boat, motor and trailer that wasn’t titled properly.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

They don’t need to prove anything. Just confiscate them and let them sit. After 6 months or so the squirrel sheriff got some nice equipment to go fishing with.
        They actually will auction them off after the case settles. You will see them on the govt. auction sites. Unless it is a firearm, they destroy those.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

A GW can not just confiscate my gear without suspicion of a crime. Due Process comes to mind.

Comment

If the original owner made an insurance claim for the theft of the property and it was paid, then the insurance company will eventually get the recovered item and it will then be auctioned off.

Comment

When my outboard was stolen a couple years ago I was told how much it happens. I think you'd be surprised. In Matagorda county they said the thieves were driving around taking pictures of jon boats, outboards, riding mowers etc. They post the pics as being for sale on marketplace and Graig's list. Someone asks to buy it, they go steal it. They told me catching them was difficult because they didn't have the stolen property for more than a couple hours.
              Last edited by kevin nicholls; 05-01-2024, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Cool someone may get their stolen stuff back but I kind of get the red *** thinking I have to prove I didn't steal the stuff I worked hard to own.

Comment

No title No problem except with boats

Comment

So 300 boats and only 243 outboards? Lots of paddles on that lake then. Whole deal seems like nonsense to me, another attention grabber headline with no meat and a waste of bringing in a pile of extra wardens.

Comment

God forbid they start running VIN’s of ATV’s/UTV’s. Lol…..

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        God forbid they start running VIN’s of ATV’s/UTV’s. Lol…..
                        Mid 2000s we'd get pulled over frequently just for having a 4wheeler in the back of the truck. Waller co needed to run the #s!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          So 300 boats and only 243 outboards? Lots of paddles on that lake then. Whole deal seems like nonsense to me, another attention grabber headline with no meat and a waste of bringing in a pile of extra wardens.
                          Follow the money.

Comment

My tired eyes misread the word “titles”, or maybe just my brain over rode my eyes and wanted it to say what I thought it said….either way, you got my attention!😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4365.png
Views:	317
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	26780698

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              My tired eyes misread the word “titles”, or maybe just my brain over rode my eyes and wanted it to say what I thought it said….either way, you got my attention!😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4365.png
Views:	317
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	26780698
                              No you didn’t ! Did you ?

Comment

it is my understanding that in Texas now there is pretty much ZERO way to get a title for a boat if you buy one without a title.....there is no more "lost title process" or sending certified letters to the address of the last registered owners and this goes double for personal watercraft (more of the reason the change was made in the first place)

if someone does not have a clean title in hand or a title with a proper lien release (I would still contact the listed lien holder) then you are buying something that at best will never get titles and at worst will get you in a stolen property situation

I would be careful with any "curbstoning" as well which is the signed open title that the seller never registered into their name they kept it in the name of the person they "bought it from".......this is a huge issue with cars, but the DMV is a lot less lenient on it than Parks and Wildlife

there is a guy called Friscoboater on youtube that explains the issues with trying to get a title for a boat that does not have one in Texas and how it is pretty much impossible now

Comment

Working...
                                X