Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you want to go without homeowner or auto insurance??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you want to go without homeowner or auto insurance??

Happens in a heartbeat - Oklahoma today

And as far as getting sued by someone ?? Why do you think we see so many commercials every day on TV of lawyers asking people to call them so they can sue someone else???

So yes lawsuits are filed daily against somebody who makes a mistake or mother nature rolls in - if you want to self insure then that is your choice - but understand the liability you are facing. And if you have no assets or no income then by all means do not insure
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Huntingfool; 04-28-2024, 06:11 PM.

Praying for all the those folks.

Rwc

Comment

My God! Was that today??

Comment

My sis and B-N-L just got back from just north of there.

Comment

Just takes a split second

Comment

Is that Sulphur?

Comment

Whew!!! YEP...........we are definitely staying OVER insured!!!

Comment

Yes that was today

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                  Happens in a heartbeat - Oklahoma today

And as far as getting sued by someone ?? Why do you think we see so many commercials every day on TV of lawyers asking people to call them so they can sue someone else???

So yes lawsuits are filed daily against somebody who makes a mistake or mother nature rolls in - if you want to self insure then that is your choice - but understand the liability you are facing. And if you have no assets or no income then by all means do not insure
                  I think it's sad that this is the hill you chose to die on while those folks are trying to figure which end is up......What do you care if people self insure or not?

Comment

Not to mention it was yesterday and you just seem to be repeating stuff...

Comment

Comment

It's the fema flood that eats at me...had it every year since watching what our friends had to deal with harvey, but skipped it this year.

The increase was beyond insulting as was our car & howners, but I'm sure some will understand...when is hurricane season??

Comment

Does OP sell insurance or something?

I agree people (at least most) should have insurance. But at least be factual.
                          1. You didn't/couldn't name a single person (no one did) that had no liability insurance that was sued. So odds can't be high at all.
                          2. Most of the time when really bad events happen the government steps in and pays, not insurance. If you search back far enough I've started threads on this BS. No, I do not know exactly how it works.
                          3. As Artos mentions sometimes the high payment is not worth it. It's simple math. They pay out less than they take in (far less). So technically speaking, over time, insurance is not worth it unless one is absolutely unlucky (or a bad driver).
                          4. Who says insurance pays out all the time? Or that you still won't be personally sued over what insurance pays out?

Comment

Yes.

yes, I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              It's the fema flood that eats at me...had it every year since watching what our friends had to deal with harvey, but skipped it this year.

The increase was beyond insulting as was our car & howners, but I'm sure some will understand...when is hurricane season??
                              At least with FEMA everyone pays the same depending on your zone. It’s auto and home I have an issue with. The government is going to let the insurance companies make housing unaffordable. But that is what they want anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X