Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you want to go without homeowner or auto insurance??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

At least with FEMA everyone pays the same depending on your zone. It’s auto and home I have an issue with.
    Same as same percentage of insured value? Or same, as in everyone pays the same amount, insured value not taken into account? Or, coverage only up to $X no matter value of property?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Same as same percentage of insured value? Or same, as in everyone pays the same amount, insured value not taken into account? Or, coverage only up to $X no matter value of property?
      Everyone pays same of the insured value for a specific area. For example we are in flood zone “x”. Everyone that is in a zone x pays the same rate for the amount they are insured for.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

I think it's sad that this is the hill you chose to die on while those folks are trying to figure which end is up......What do you care if people self insure or not?
        I do not care if folks decide to self insure or not - I am just trying to make people think before they make a drastic decision like that could bankrupt them - check out Houston today.

But when I see post here from people considering dropping all of their insurance I just want to make them stop and think before they take such a drastic step -I have no skin in the game - and I am not choosing a "hill to die on" - give me a break - see attachment below - over and out

Some Houston-area residents are told to evacuate as waters rise from heavy rains | AP News

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

Everyone pays same of the insured value for a specific area. For example we are in flood zone “x”. Everyone that is in a zone x pays the same rate for the amount they are insured for.
          That doesn’t seem right unless there a max liability for pay-out. Otherwise, one person with a shanty worth $25K pays the same as someone who has a house worth $1MM, and both have replacement coverage? Just doesn’t make sense (but it is govt.).

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

I do not care if folks decide to self insure or not - I am just trying to make people think before they make a drastic decision like that could bankrupt them - check out Houston today.

But when I see post here from people considering dropping all of their insurance I just want to make them stop and think before they take such a drastic step -I have no skin in the game - and I am not choosing a "hill to die on" - give me a break - see attachment below - over and out

Some Houston-area residents are told to evacuate as waters rise from heavy rains | AP News
            People are fed up and tired of being told what to do and taxed out of their mind. Yes, they should strongly consider whether to insure or not but your OP was in poor taste.......or at the very least poor timing. You could have used a million different examples, any of which folks were not currently dealing with. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X