No announcement yet.

Anyone here deal with Tinnitus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every day for rhe last 20 yrs. I cope with it by avoiding total silence. I have learned to sleep decent with a tv on just low enough to hear. Listening to music always helps me relax.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Interesting. The VA gave my father something different. I’ll have to check these out.
      The prior pair I had from VA are Phonak

Comment

Had tinnitus for about 10 years, ringing in my ear. I notice it gets louder after I eat. I learned to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post

The prior pair I had from VA are Phonak
          That’s it. Phonaks are the ones they gave him about six months ago. But you like the Oticon over the Phonak? For comfort?

Comment

Every minute of the day that I am awake. Last fall I made a horrible mistake a the rifle range. I was in to big of a hurry and forgot my hearing protection for the first shot. The tinnitus has been significantly worse in my left ear. I just live with it.

Comment

Had it for the last 15 yrs !
              Forgot about it, until I read the word Tinnitus, on your post.
              Guess I finally got used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                My blood pressure is good but I have an extremely high pulse . Like resting 120 . I did get put on meds recently. That might be my issue. We get hearing test yearly at work and last time I got checked all was good . Thst was back in November.
                Strummer. Amlodipine. (Don't quote spelling) helped immensely with this issue for me. BP is great. Even for a fat guy. But pulse runs high. I don't feel any different before or after meds. But makes the Dr. Happy.

Comment

I have had it for a long time but never knew what it was called other then ringing in my ears! I really like driving with the windows down but it definitely makes it worse later that day a real bad the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    I have had it for a long time now and have also lost 25% of my hearing. I cannot wear the hearing aids very long as the annoy the hell out of me. I do not mind not hearing everything
                    I don't mind not hearing everything either but it bothers the heck out of the wife when I don't hear her.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post

I don't mind not hearing everything either but it bothers the heck out of the wife when I don't hear her.
                      Hearing aids will not fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post

That is called selective hearing

Comment

Started a few years ago, but only on the left side. Sometimes it's a roar, sometimes it's a whisper. Most noticeable when it's really quiet; bedtime, deer hunting, etc. I'd love to find a way to make it disappear.

Comment

For those of you who hear the same tone at the same pitch(?) all the time, why couldn't noise cancelling technology work to "cancel" the tone you hear? Anyone ever heard of this?

Comment

Yep. Shoot these things a few times with no hearing protection and you too can have a dial tone for the rest of your life!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1936377_131357073240_1032295_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=O-siBTUIOHMAb47R2kH&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfClezMLFadyrVX1UD6gki-Of5LUATceAfJv7eQ3AE-GmA&oe=665313FE.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	26777056

Comment

Been a constant for me for many years as well. Some days are worse than others. But its always there.

Seems like the ears can cause a whole lot of problems and discomfort for a persons life.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X