• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

What kind of hearing aids did you get?
    These are Oticon brand--from the VA

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post

These are Oticon brand--from the VA
      Interesting. The VA gave my father something different. I’ll have to check these out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        Yes - 24/7. I have learned to tune it out as well.....UNTIL someone says something about ringing in the ears. Then I hear it loud and clear! LOL

To rule out hearing loss related ringing - Do make sure your blood pressure is in check....this "can" be a cause....and if you hear thumping in your ear at any time...get to the hospital quick (stroke).
        My blood pressure is good but I have an extremely high pulse . Like resting 120 . I did get put on meds recently. That might be my issue. We get hearing test yearly at work and last time I got checked all was good . Thst was back in November.

Comment

Yeah, I've dealt with it for at least 35 years. It's annoying AF. This is probably paybacks for giving my father so much crap for not turning his hearing aids up or even wearing them for that matter. Now, I have to ask my wife to repeat things all the time cuz I can't hear her. Especially when there's background noise. The ringing in my ears is constant.

Comment

I really don't notice the ringing until someone brings it up. Or I'm in a quiet deer blind.
            Silence is loud!

Comment

I’ve learned to ignore it most of the time. Seeing this thread has my ears ringing louder now.

Comment

Had it for many years, only 38 so not near as long as you old farts! Been looking into hearing aids, mainly because it ****** the wife off I can't hear her... taking my time. There's a place that specializes in tinnitus in Southlake I'm thinking about making an appointment to test. But, pretty sure the ringing is easier to listen to constantly, compared to the wife Link to said place below.

Tinnitus & Hearing Loss Treatment Clinic Serving Dallas Fort Worth in Southlake. Receive Cutting Edge Therapy & Hearing Aids with Audiologist Dr. Beki Kellogg.

Comment

Yep, had it for over 30 years. NON-STOP. With "significant" hearing loss in the left ear, some loss in the right ear, and the constant ringing...I have to read lips most of the time. Back when folks were wearing those stupid face masks was pretty difficult! I 100% need hearing aids but after finding out how much they cost, nope.

For the record, I have not gotten used to the ringing. Sure wish SOMEONE would figure out a cure!

Comment

Yep. It really sucks. It seems to get worse when I am tired.

Comment

24/7 Just play music or have tv going for to drown it out. I dont think there is anything to do about it.

Comment

Had it for about 10 years. Much louder when thinking about it (like while reading this thread) or in a quiet deer blind.

Comment

Add me to the list also. Had it for many years now.
                          To me, it sounds like listening to cicadas ... in stereo ... all ... the ... d@mn ... time!!!!

Surprisingly, when it's quiet and I tune out the ringing, I can actually hear pretty good. But when there is a lot of background noise then I can't hear ****!

Comment

I've had it in my left ear since about 2009 when I got Bells Palsy on the left side of my face. It's never been too bad until about 3 months ago, it's been terrible since then. Like a radio on level 7 all day and night.

I read that Dana White and Jordan Peterson both either greatly reduced it or got rid of it after going to a Keto/Carnivore diet. I need to try it. Also read that alcohol and tobacco can stir it up. Maybe a good time for a fast and diet change....

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                              Had it for many years, only 38 so not near as long as you old farts! Been looking into hearing aids, mainly because it ****** the wife off I can't hear her... taking my time. There's a place that specializes in tinnitus in Southlake I'm thinking about making an appointment to test. But, pretty sure the ringing is easier to listen to constantly, compared to the wife Link to said place below.

https://hopehearing.com
                              If you ever decide to go to that clinic, I'd be curious to know your outcome. I know many people with tinnitus but I don't know a single person who has had it successfully treated. Not a single one.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                All day erryday. Some days I notice other days I don't. Tried some over the counter with no help. Everything I read is no cure
                                Yep same cept I din try any snake oil. The worst is those windless quiet mornings on deer stand
                                Last edited by Duckologist; 04-25-2024, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X