Eclipse fever is crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post

That’s wrong anyway you look at it, no matter who the people are, even tough I get it.
    Absolutely. Some of them people payed thousands of dollars to see it on that spot. Alot of people have plane tickets back home tuesday. So what are they supposed to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Absolutely. Some of them people payed thousands of dollars to see it on that spot. Alot of people have plane tickets back home tuesday. So what are they supposed to do now?
      The landowners may find themselves with some legal issues? I imagine some of those folks probably have a couple of extra dollars where they can hire a lawyer.

Comment

My how quickly greed can get really messy

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

It's hard to tear up that kind of land without equipment and by the looks of those folks, they wouldn't know an excavator from a t-post driver. They might give it hell, but they won't do much damage, I bet. Now the trash was gonna be a problem either way and the party-throwers should be responsible for cleanup.
          Needless and other bio hazards will be the issue

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Needless and other bio hazards will be the issue
            Or lighters. Im not worried about them plowing the ground. Fire could spread through that part of the country pretty quickly

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post

That’s wrong anyway you look at it, no matter who the people are, even tough I get it.
              No kidding. They got their money then turned chicken ****. I bet many of them refuse to leave, and there's nothing the owners can do about it. I hope they leave their trash somewhere besides the roads.

Comment

Haven't checked the weather along its path, but we're solid heavy cloud cover even here in the valley...they likely did a lot of them a favor, especially those that wanted to witness an actual eclipse. The smart ones likely left this AM looking for a clear sky.

Gonna get pretty dark, I'm look'n forward to it.

Comment

gonna be some fizzed off hippies soon.......heavily clouded here in the Coastal Bend area......

Comment

Mad hippies. There's a new band name for someone.

Regardless, it sucks for them that this went down like it did.

Comment

Need to keep them there! Them hippies probably need a bath anyhow. Big nothing here! All I've heard about is gridlock traffic and such and there's nothing. Drove home from Eufaula yesterday and there was no traffic. Even went to Tyler yesterday and no traffic.

Comment

Still partly cloudy up here in North Ft Worth. Light traffic this morning as many schools gave kids the option, and it seems many took steps to avoid the hyped traffic. Either way, my truck drivers are enjoying it.

Comment

I really like how the promoter went to great lengths, describing the forecasted "tornadic activity and high winds........blah blah blah", before ensuring everyone that "this is strictly for your safety and convenience". LOL!!!!!

Comment

There will probably be some trash to pick up, but that's the price of throwing a party. LMAO at " It'll be a few years before it recovers to what it once was, if it ever does." You won't even notice that anyone was there, next year. The weirdos aren't strip mining, they're just there.

You fellas all seem really upset by a bunch of folks showing up to a party, thrown by people that wanted to throw a party. I think all of the "Grumpy Old Men" on here are weirder than the dude in the pink speedo.
                            I'd need to see pics of all the grumpy old men on here in Speedos before I could either agree or disagree with you.

So, who's first?

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post

And here you are, how many sets do you have. Figured it out without you having to answer. Funny, I see mostly men complaining, lol.
                              This is because, while they only have one set of lips, they have two brains. And, unfortunately, they can only use one at a time.

Comment

There will probably be some trash to pick up, but that's the price of throwing a party. LMAO at " It'll be a few years before it recovers to what it once was, if it ever does." You won't even notice that anyone was there, next year. The weirdos aren't strip mining, they're just there.

You fellas all seem really upset by a bunch of folks showing up to a party, thrown by people that wanted to throw a party. I think all of the "Grumpy Old Men" on here are weirder than the dude in the pink speedo.
                                I get what you're saying...and to be honest, the property owners can do whatever they want with their land. My comment was just based off the pics shown where all the native grasses (assuming native grasses where there to begin with) were stripped off and it's all bare dirt. Yes, something will grow back on those bare spots quickly, but most likely weeds. Over the last 15+ years, I've watched big pieces of land disappear to home growth out near our current lease. The naturalist in me hates to see that transformation happen "in the name of progress," even though my career is in the commercial side of "progress". I hate it at times, but I'm good at my job and it pays my bills, so I suffer thru it. The lease is my get away and sanctuary. It hurts a little to watch the big areas of Texas slowly disappear.

I can't say "get off my lawn" when it's not my lawn, but I don't enjoy seeing happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X