Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a blast! Y’all have fun.

Comment

That will be an experience you and your daughter will remember forever!

I always had the same desire. So, about 15 years ago I decided I needed to do it before I looked like George Bush jumping as an old man. At the time they had classes you could go to and have your first jump as a solo HALO jump. Did the class, and jumped in the evening. Plane went up to 20,000 feet, and out I went. Free fell to 5,000 feet and deployed the parachute. The landing was NOT picture perfect, but was free of injuries. Figured any jump after would never have the same excitement as the first, so never have done a repeat. But, I will always remember that jump!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Like a real grizzly or one of them Onalaska gals at the DG?
        Either one comes with its own bragging rights.

Comment

I got to change my undies just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

Either one comes with its own bragging rights.
            very true my man, very true. Although Id prolly only tell the story about the real grizzly

Comment

very true my man, very true. Although Id prolly only tell the story about the real grizzly
              I'd tell the DG story and put it on youtube before I jump out of a plane. You should just go do it- wifey is either happy you're alive, or it's not your problem anymore. That's an easy one.

Comment

Nope. Not happening. I don't even like flying to begin with. There's a pretty good chance that I'll eat a Whopper before I intentionally jump out of a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post

I'd tell the DG story and put it on youtube before I jump out of a plane. You should just go do it- wifey is either happy you're alive, or it's not your problem anymore. That's an easy one.
                  There was a time where that would be true. Apparently Ive worn my wife down over the last 26 years and she dont want me dead via strange accidents. Ive been informed Im no longer allowed back to patrol by any means or swapping over to running arrest warrants. 5 more years of boredom I guess

Comment

There was a time where that would be true. Apparently Ive worn my wife down over the last 26 years and she dont want me dead via strange accidents. Ive been informed Im no longer allowed back to patrol by any means or swapping over to running arrest warrants. 5 more years of boredom I guess
                    Your wife and I think alike. I’ve never been one to nag my husband or place limitations on high risk activities but, as we get older, I’ve begun to feel differently. So far, I’ve placed moritoria on motorcycles and getting on the roof. I’m sure there will be more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      WIth all due respect.....You're a ratard. I've been known to test a few laws.....Gravity ain't one of them.
                      Same here, I don’t like getting on a plane much less jump out of one!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        Call me a wuss, no reason to jump from a perfectly good airplane. But have fun.
                        Have you seen some of the jump planes they use? If you actually made it up to altitude, you might WANT to jump from that thing! (Just Kidding!)

My wife actually gave me a tandem jump for my birthday years ago, but it was right after she initiated a life insurance plan and it was before we had the kiddo. I had wanted to jump for years.

Chew, if this is something that's been on your bucket list for awhile, then you're gonna love it. The view is amazing and surprisingly you won't feel like you're falling, more like floating for awhile with a big fan blowing on you! That's so cool that you'll be jumping alongside your daughter, I hope you both enjoy it immensely!

And we want to watch the video....

Comment

Sounds like you will be making awesome memories with your daughter. Go out and have a great time!

Comment

Have fun. Good for you, dad!

Comment

Here’s some traveling music to get your headspace prepped right.

Van Halen - Jump (Official Music Video)Brought to you by Van Halen's Official YouTube Channel: Van Halen TV.Listen to Jump here: https://lnk.to/VHJumpSTR♫ Su...

i look forward to the video Chew.
                              Good luck Chew and Chewette.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

I feel your pain Shane. I’ve been wanting to kill a Grizzly for years with a knife and Glynda won’t let me go. Dam dream squashers. 😡😡
                                Double your life insurance and your dream will come true !

Comment

Working...
                                X