Time to jump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to jump!

When my daughter graduated from high school (about 4 years ago), she wanted to go skydiving with me for my graduation gift. Stuff happened in both of our lives that kept us from going. I called her last week and asked if she was ready to jump out of a plane. No hesitation..."Heck yeah!". So next Sunday, April 7th, we are testing out the laws of gravity at Texas Skydiving in Lexington.

My desire to jump out of a plane started around 1990. A small group of Marines (including me) were able to get a coveted spot at the Army's jump school at Ft. Benning, GA. We were two or three days away from leaving. All gear packed. Excited to be going since it's hard to get a jump school slot in the Marines (cooks and clerks get to jump in the Army!). And then we got the rug yanked out from underneath us (thanks Saddam Hussein). We were advised the school was canceled because our unit was deploying to Operation Desert Storm.

So here it is about 34 years later and I'm finally jumping.

I bought the fancy video package for my daughter.

I'll let y'all know if I die.

Carry on!
    Last edited by Chew; 03-27-2024, 02:46 PM.

You both will enjoy it!! I did it a few years ago in Salado. As we were up to almost altitude, the instructor that was strapped to me said that there was not backing out now, because no sounds a helluva lot like go.

Comment

Make sure whoever packs your chute ain’t drunk Bobby ! Good luck and post pictures !

Comment

My son in law was based out of Bragg (Yes, it’s Bragg not Liberty). He said only one guy from his class didn’t survive the jumps.

Just kidding. That’ll be a great time with your daughter!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Make sure whoever packs your chute ain’t drunk Bobby ! Good luck and post pictures !
          Or owes you a lot of money. Good luck Fu Man Chew.👍👍

Comment

WIth all due respect.....You're a ratard. I've been known to test a few laws.....Gravity ain't one of them.

Comment

The Lexington folks are great people! Took my wife and daughter there a few months back and all enjoyed it! My wife is hooked now. She jumped with our son, who did not enjoy it, in Port Aransas a couple of years ago and then our daughter who loved it in Lexington. Wife wants to go to one of the HIGH jump places that you jump with oxygen now!!! She is on her own on that!!!

Have fun and good luck on the weather!

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                The Lexington folks are great people! Took my wife and daughter there a few months back and all enjoyed it! My wife is hooked now. She jumped with our son, who did not enjoy it, in Port Aransas a couple of years ago and then our daughter who loved it in Lexington. Wife wants to go to one of the HIGH jump places that you jump with oxygen now!!! She is on her own on that!!!

Have fun and good luck on the weather!
                Thanks for the good review! Appreciate it.

Comment

Call me a wuss, no reason to jump from a perfectly good airplane. But have fun.

Comment

Good deal Bobby!

Comment

The weight limit on a tandem jump is around 225 lbs, depending on how heavy your jump master is.

How do I know that? Well about 15 years ago I had a great idea to go skydiving with some buddies.

Jumping out of the plane isnt bad, the jump master really does it while you hang outside.

Going through some clouds was amazing, same with the view.

As the ground starts getting closer, the jump master yells in my ear "I am going to need you to help with the landing chubby". I respond, "no thats all right you are doing a great jump" while my chins flutter in the turbulence.

To which he sternly retorts, "we are falling to fast you will need to pull on these ropes when we start to land, and you will need to pull hard."

Well any who, we bounced when we landed. Then rolled on the ground a few times, with a man strapped to my back.

Never done it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        Call me a wuss, no reason to jump from a perfectly good airplane. But have fun.
                        I agree with you. They have seats in them for a reason.

Comment

Cool deal.

Comment

This has to turn into a “Live” thread for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                              This has to turn into a “Live” thread for sure!
                              Fox news will cover the unexplained richter scale anomalies.

Comment

Working...
                              X