No announcement yet.

Lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sams has the best selection and prices that I have found. I am assuming Costco is similar, but I am not a member so I don't have experience with them.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I’m looking for leg of lamb that i can cut steaks out of. Heb has it online as well as the steaks already cut. I did find small loin chops at heb meat counter but they are small expensive and not much meat. The butcher didn’t know anything about lamb except what he had at the case. I have had the leg steaks before and they were really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ottert View Post
        Is there anywhere around Houston that sells lamb meat ? HEB shows it online but the store that has it is in Victoria. 😀 I’m in the northeast area near Bway 8 and 59.
        HEB shopping app is a poor representation of whats in the store has been my experience. Have seen fresh lamb in the meat case at HEB on Kingwood Drive and West Lake Houston Pkwy.

Comment

I just left Costco and saw plenty from leg of lamb to chops.

Comment

my costco always has chops and usually has legs/shank and full racks. Usually I believe it's Australian lamp and it's great quality. Only thing better is the local butcher shop by my parents but it's hit or miss if they have lamb

Comment

So sad to hear that every store in the world is out of beef, fish and chicken. That's the only way I'm putting lamb in my piehole again.

Comment

My daughter has a Costco account, i’ll have her check. Sam’s has a boneless leg for about $35 that looks like you could slice enough steaks to make it worthwile. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  So sad to hear that every store in the world is out of beef, fish and chicken. That's the only way I'm putting lamb in my piehole again.
                  Yeah I tried to cook a leg of lamb in the oven back in 1969 while stationed at Fort Knox. All I knew about cooking was 350 for 1hr and a half 😀.haven’t tried it since. But had some recently that was as good as steak when done right

Comment

If you want bad breath smell just don’t brush your teeth

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
                      I have Dorper lambs if you want to do your own butchering. We’re in Rosharon off of 288 South
                      Do you raise them year round?

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post

Do you raise them year round?
                        Yes, they have lambs around the first of the year and are generally ready to go at the 5-6 month mark

Comment

Working...
                        X