No announcement yet.

Dang ticket site fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion you sit outside the venue on the grounds and hear the show great without the cost or being elbow to elbow with everyone.

Comment

I work with a guy who's brother figured out how to be a middle man in the ticket business about 10 years ago. Apparently he buys hundreds of tickets to every event he can and sells them to places like tickermaster. How ever it works he makes 3-400K A year and everyone who wants to go to an event gets hosed with those fees

Comment

Was just complaining about this with a buddy... Spent $120ea for Billy Strings tickets last year that showed up in the mail with "Face Value: $55" on the front.

EDIT: Just read the above comment.... How is this different from scalping that makes it legal? Not familiar with the rule.

I saw recently where folks are similarly upset (and suing) over third party folks buying up prime tee times at LA's municipal courses and selling for absurd markups. Outside the $400-1000/rd high end courses, municipal courses were the only way for most golfers to play in Cali.

A class action lawsuit alleges Los Angeles has failed to prevent black market tee-time brokers from buying and reselling tee times on the city’s golf courses.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 03-27-2024, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          Was just complaining about this with a buddy... Spent $120ea for Billy Strings tickets last year that showed up in the mail with "Face Value: $55" on the front.

EDIT: Just read the above comment.... How is this different from scalping that makes it legal? Not familiar with the rule.

I saw recently where folks are similarly upset (and suing) over third party folks buying up prime tee times at LA's municipal courses and selling for absurd markups. Outside the $400-1000/rd high end courses, municipal courses were the only way for most golfers to play in Cali.

A class action lawsuit alleges Los Angeles has failed to prevent black market tee-time brokers from buying and reselling tee times on the city’s golf courses.
          That's crazy, I hadn't seen that but I guess where there is a way to abuse the system someone will take advantage of it. When I lived out there we would play the Los Verdes course in PV a couple times a week for $19 and it's right on the cliffs with gorgeous views. I think fees have gone up to $30-40 now, as nice as it is I wouldn't be paying a couple hundred to play it

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            If people would quit buying them then they couldn’t charge that much. Still a far cry from prescription drug markups.
            True !

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I work with a guy who's brother figured out how to be a middle man in the ticket business about 10 years ago. Apparently he buys hundreds of tickets to every event he can and sells them to places like tickermaster. How ever it works he makes 3-400K A year and everyone who wants to go to an event gets hosed with those fees
              I hope that guy has uncontrollable diarrhea in his car and can’t get to a gas station

Comment

Wife and I went to see Jelly Roll in Austin back in September. Dang fees and parking was more than the show tickets .

Comment

Get on e-mail notification lists to your favorite venues, or your favorite artists. You’ll get early bird invites to ticket purchases. Be sure to buy from the likes of LiveNation, Ticketmaster, AXS, or directly from the venue.

Don’t buy through StubHub, SeatGeek, and the like. It’s still expensive, but you’ll save money.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    Wife and I went to see Jelly Roll in Austin back in September. Dang fees and parking was more than the show tickets .
                    How was the Jelly Roll experience?

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                      Or yall could quit paying for all that overpriced crap.
                      That's what I've done. I wanted to see Bob Seger on his final tour a few years ago. I looked up the ticket prices and fees and decided instead of driving an hour and a half to Atlanta, and dealing with Atlanta and people, I'd just watch a couple videos and listen to my CD's.

Comment

Ticket site fees is the same as popcorn/drink prices at the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post

How was the Jelly Roll experience?
                          Show was awesome. Has to be the best I have been to . I have been to a lot of concerts. Was jelly,struggle and Ashley McBride and Laney Wilson .

Comment

The fees are definitely out of hand. I can afford them but I'm just so turned off by the dang fees that I just flat won't go see some of my favorite artists, shows, teams, etc because of it. Much like the cost of hunting or leases are skyrocketing; someone will unfortunately pay it.

Comment

Working...
                            X