Dang ticket site fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang ticket site fees

Rangers opening day was high enough until they added the fees into the mix so I’ll be watching from home. Tried to buy my wife Kennet Chesney tickets for her b day and not bad, $240 for decent seats on seat geek, at checkout was $375 after fees.

what are we paying for? The technology isn’t that expensive to process the order

Yeah it’s terrible. It’s always been there, but I feel like it’s gotten totally outta hand in the last 5 years.

Comment

Paying for another mans Porsche.

Off topic but I was reading this am about a local guy buying a $50 scratch off ticket and he won $1 Million. Whatever this game was they printed 600 million tickets and have about 230 million in prizes. I want to be the guy that gets to own the ticket playing company and gets to sell 600 million $50 tickets and only give away $230 million of the sales of those tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Rangers opening day was high enough until they added the fees into the mix so I’ll be watching from home. Tried to buy my wife Kennet Chesney tickets for her b day and not bad, $240 for decent seats on seat geek, at checkout was $375 after fees.

what are we paying for? The technology isn’t that expensive to process the order
        Supply and demand like all the other stupid prices out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
          Yeah it’s terrible. It’s always been there, but I feel like it’s gotten totally outta hand in the last 5 years.
          Maybe I’m just becoming a grumpy old man at 38 but feel like it wasn’t that bad in the past. A 50% premium on processing fees and digital ticket fees (no other option) is getting stupid. The concert being at att doesn’t help, gotta pay for Jerry’s child support

Comment

It’s criminal that it’s still allowed, and it’s still allowed because those ticket scalping **********s are paying off politicians to keep thrackett going. It ****** me ol all the way off!

Comment

If people would quit buying them then they couldn’t charge that much. Still a far cry from prescription drug markups.

Comment

Or yall could quit paying for all that overpriced crap.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post

The value of an item or service is worth what the market will bear. Don’t like what it costs? Don’t buy it.

(I agree with you, though. It’s obscene.)

Comment

Capitalism is grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Capitalism is grand.
                      I love capitalism, and will likely still get her the concert tickets because that’s what she wants… but I’ll ***** about it the whole time! Miss the days before people smarter than me wrote bot programs to buy all the tickets as soon as they went on sale

Comment

M16 nailed it.... as long as we keep paying, they will keep asking the same price....I have season tickets to multiple Texas teams and my hope is that some people would prefer a "FTF" deal with me rather than getting sticker shock when they check out at one of the apps, plus you are dealing with a human and not just a bot.

The tech companies tell you it makes your life easier. What they really mean is that it will make it simple for you to overspend.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          Capitalism is grand.
                          LOL I don't think you know what that word means.

Comment

I was in NJ visiting family and flying home from Newark through Denver. Sat next to a guy- early 30s, clean cut, spoke well. Honestly, I could have seen the guy in camo as an out-of-state hunter who drew a Montana elk tag. He said he was flying to Denver because his 'boss' forgot something, he was delivering it. I asked going out and back in 1 day? He said yes. His boss was in "the music business". I figured musical instruments or something. We were talking, and later he asked if I was interested who was his boss? I said yes, but I wasn't going to ask, none of my business. He said he worked for Madonna, she was performing that night in Denver and forgot something. He'd deliver it to the 4 Seasons Hotel, hang out a couple of hours then fly home. What did he do? On her staff doing anything and everything from running errands to helping with her professional schedule to helping with her 6 children.

He said Live Nation has a 100% monopoly on concerts, promotions, and ticket sales and the owners of the company make an obscene amount of money. As long as people are willing to pay it, they'll charge it.

Comment

wasnt the gubment gonna fix that for us?

Comment

Working...
                              X