Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sightmark Wraith HD Night vision riflescope Review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sightmark Wraith HD Night vision riflescope Review.

Give me the TBH review on this nigh tvision scope. Good, BAD, Ugly

I have one I use for hogs and axis every now and then. It works just fine for my needs.

Comment

I have a couple and love them. I did upgrade the infrared on my main one to a coyote cannon. It is perfect if you want to sit in the blind at night and hunt hogs over a feeder. It is heavy so swinging around looking isn't ideal. I have done it but now have a thermal monocular to locate animals. It isn't thermal but if you don't need thermal or don't want to pay for thermal it is awesome.

I also love the daylight use, it is full color like you are looking at a small tv. I have shot plenty of deer in a regular hunt setting during daylight and the video helps know where the shot is (especially if you have kids use it).

I also love the multiple zeros/reticles. Some use to change from gun to gun or bullet to bullet. I use it for different yardages as I have a reticle set for 20 yards, 100 yards and 200 yards. No guessing just put it on the correct reticle and shoot.

I do have an HD and a 4k model. The 4k is nice but I don't know if it is extra money nice as the HD does everything well.

Comment

^^^ Ditto
        pretty good entry level product for sitting over a feeder but less effective for walking & stalking…would recommend adding a low end AGM handheld thermal scanner for $300-500…one you see something with the thermal scanner then put your Sightmark on it to ID your target

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
          I have a couple and love them. I did upgrade the infrared on my main one to a coyote cannon. It is perfect if you want to sit in the blind at night and hunt hogs over a feeder. It is heavy so swinging around looking isn't ideal. I have done it but now have a thermal monocular to locate animals. It isn't thermal but if you don't need thermal or don't want to pay for thermal it is awesome.

I also love the daylight use, it is full color like you are looking at a small tv. I have shot plenty of deer in a regular hunt setting during daylight and the video helps know where the shot is (especially if you have kids use it).

I also love the multiple zeros/reticles. Some use to change from gun to gun or bullet to bullet. I use it for different yardages as I have a reticle set for 20 yards, 100 yards and 200 yards. No guessing just put it on the correct reticle and shoot.

I do have an HD and a 4k model. The 4k is nice but I don't know if it is extra money nice as the HD does everything well.
          Thank you, this is what i was looking for. I already own a thermal that is on my 308 and was looking for a cheaper option for my 6.5 grendel.

Comment

cehorn--same with me on the hand-held scanner. Now I just leave the rifle on the bipod or across my legs -- until a target shows up.

Comment

I dont have a lot of experience with night vision,no experience with thermal but I do have the Wraith HD mounted on a 308 and have really enjoyed it.Ive considered upgrading the infared illuminator to the coyote cannon as mentioned above but i can see well and shoot to over 200 yards,i might upgrade to the coyote one day. I have considered hunting with it in daylight as well since it has the daylight feature. I also need to look into the monocular. My opinion,for the money the Wraith is hard to beat.

Comment

I have a pulsar xp50 and a Wrath. If I'm shooting pigs I go thermal, but use the wrath for coyotes around the house. I can't tell the difference between my dogs and the yotes thru the thermal. I also have the coyote cannon. One thing I dislike about the Wrath is it eats thru a set of batteries pretty fast. I use rechargeable AAs but they don't last long.

Comment

I have a Wraith Mini 4K and like it. I would recommend upgrading the IR illuminator to a Sniper Hog Light. The IR illuminator that comes with the wraith is decent but it only good to about 150yds with fully charged batts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    I have a pulsar xp50 and a Wrath. If I'm shooting pigs I go thermal, but use the wrath for coyotes around the house. I can't tell the difference between my dogs and the yotes thru the thermal. I also have the coyote cannon. One thing I dislike about the Wrath is it eats thru a set of batteries pretty fast. I use rechargeable AAs but they don't last long.
                    Regarding the batteries, if you go the 4k route the battery is internal and decent. I also bought an external battery pack similar to what you would buy to charge a phone. Mine holds 4 phone charges and I can connect that to the wraith and not worry about the battery (as long as the external charger is charged). It is fairly small and I bought some ranger bands and attached it to the stock so it is always there. I believe the HD does this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post

Regarding the batteries, if you go the 4k route the battery is internal and decent. I also bought an external battery pack similar to what you would buy to charge a phone. Mine holds 4 phone charges and I can connect that to the wraith and not worry about the battery (as long as the external charger is charged). It is fairly small and I bought some ranger bands and attached it to the stock so it is always there. I believe the HD does this as well.
                      Looks like they did away with using AA batteries.

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Comment

I have one. Updated the light to the Sniper Hog light & it made a big difference. I don’t have any experience with any other set up but it works for me. No hogs here so I just use it for varmits. Very effective!

Comment

I just took this video last weekend. I love the built in video capabilities. This was at 70 yds with the stock IR illuminator that comes with the 4K Wraith mini.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Works good. Mine is good to 100 yds and that's about it for range. Zero's easily and holds. I use the QD mount and it also holds perfect zero when switching rifles. I like being able to store settings for 4 different guns. Be sure to write down which position is for which gun. The only negative I can think of is the size and weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X