Colorado Parks & Wildlife Newest Hires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    In time, I am certain hunting will be outlawed. Most likely not in my lifetime, but I would think by my grand sons kids time possibly.
    I don’t think it will be outlawed. I think it will go the way it is in Europe though. Unobtainable by the common man.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post

I like the way you think.....
      I'm just trying to be fair to all the ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

I'm just trying to be fair to all the ladies.
        can't judge till we've seen how well groomed........

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

I don’t think it will be outlawed. I think it will go the way it is in Europe though. Unobtainable by the common man.
          I mean it's getting closer and closer to this every day. I think elk tags are $800 this year...I stopped looking what my CC gets hit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Agree, but for vast majority it won’t be an option. So many will lose interest, and the need for guns will diminish. And the anti gun rights will win.

Comment

Just following TP&W

Comment

This thread says more about us than them.
                We post pictures and demean four young people getting started in life on a nationwide board.
                Young man was wearing a peacoat which is the very symbol of manhood.
                One young lady is one of the cousins.
                Anyone here ever tailored a resume to get a job.

I am old but was born in Red Dirt and being Texan means still means something.
                I could save myself some hate by remaining silent but
                I was born in Red Dirt and being Texan still means something.

Comment

More news from DEI Colorado. Don’t know if this is a fact or not.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post

Classic April 1.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I appreciate the differing opinion.

You know, 2 or 3 years ago, I would have done exactly what you are saying, and given them the benefit of the doubt. these are groups not typically represented in hunting. But we can't look at these 4 hires in a vacuum. These 4 are just the latest in a string of attacks on hunters. CO is getting rid of OTC tags. I read that article last week. CO is reintroducing wolves to an elk population that hasn't seen wolves in 100 years. They have gotten rid of spring bear hunting, and no more baiting for bear. Lion season is under attack. Guns under attack.

Now pile those 4 members on top of the things I list. CO is on a bad path. And then let's look at these 4. Which of them (none of which looks over 35) has enough life experience to actually do what they have been elected to do? One likes to "take care of all her plants" (they spelled cats wrong). One is a lifeguard who teaches CPR. They are not qualified to do what they are elected to do.

Again, I appreciate the discussion, because maybe there is something I don't see. Am I missing something else???
                      I think it is a board they are serving on? Or, I totally missed that they are new hires to Colorado Parks & Wildlife. I could be wrong but "am I missing something?"

Comment

Originally posted by Reasonable View Post
                        I got the email from CPW the other day too...and pretty much ignored it. Then saw this thread and did a little research. Colorado has an Outdoor Equity Fund which is intended to help 'marginalized' groups get outdoors. The four people in the email were nominated/elected/whatever to the Outdoor Equity Grant Board...so I guess their role is to evaluate grant applications and maybe help administer funds? A couple of the grant recipients (programs) include archery and fishing, but most do not specifically reference hunting and/or fishing.

All that to say...I think it's pretty decent of Colorado Parks and Wildlife to try and get 'marginalized' groups outdoors in whatever capacity possible (hiking, biking, whatever). Maybe they'll start off hiking and get an itch to fish...or hunt? I certainly don't agree with their specific list of who qualifies for 'help', and I am vehemently opposed to "Equity" in most DEI initiatives, but I don't agree with everyone on everything. The four people selected were probably not bad choices for the role. Also just speculating, but I'm guessing that there weren't many hard core hunters vying for a spot on the Outdoor Equity Grant Board.

Just figured I'd give a slightly different perspective b/c it seemed to me that the general consensus was that these four folks would be discussing tag allocations, wolf reintroduction, etc.
                        I was thinking the same from the tenor of this thread. I could be WRONG, but it is a board appointment or short term grant to get more folks involved in the "outdoors".........not focused on hunting or even fishing particularly. Bird watching, canoeing, plant identification, hiking, etc......all the stuff folks use the outdoors for. I will re-read the attachment for clarity. The OP is right in that the original email I had gotten is gone from my inbox, outbox, spam, etc........that is odd........but a board position driven by a grant is old news.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

I think it is a board they are serving on? Or, I totally missed that they are new hires to Colorado Parks & Wildlife. I could be wrong but "am I missing something?"
                          I guess that is a point to make. They may not be getting paid. But they are getting money from the state. After all, something has to fund their projects.

Regardless. My issue is still that 30-somethings are, in almost every instance, wholly unqualified for a board position (The dude is a CPR instructor...). 30-somethings simply don't have the life experience to make good decisions for an organization, unless they have started their own company themselves. It is VERY rare to find a 30-something on a board anywhere, and if you find a 30-something on a board somewhere, they are typically a wizard. Think Elon Musk types. So how did Colorado manage to find FOUR Elon Musks?

They didn't. These people don't belong in that role. And their bio's confirm that. CPW scrubbing their website only confirms that for me.

Comment

I guess that is a point to make. They may not be getting paid. But they are getting money from the state. After all, something has to fund their projects.

Regardless. My issue is still that 30-somethings are, in almost every instance, wholly unqualified for a board position (The dude is a CPR instructor...). 30-somethings simply don't have the life experience to make good decisions for an organization, unless they have started their own company themselves. It is VERY rare to find a 30-something on a board anywhere, and if you find a 30-something on a board somewhere, they are typically a wizard. Think Elon Musk types. So how did Colorado manage to find FOUR Elon Musks?

They didn't. These people don't belong in that role. And their bio's confirm that. CPW scrubbing their website only confirms that for me.
                            Ok, that is what I thought. With their goal to find innovative ways to get more folks outdoors I would suggest young people being heavily involved. I dang sure have no idea how to separate the 20 somethings and below from their iphones and other crap......well, that would be legal and not painful......lol. The CPR instructor deals with people from all walks of life......everyday. He is not in a bubble and definitely sees more than most of us. TPWD has tons of advisory boards with folks from every walk of life in order to stay ahead of the shifting size of the population in various parts of the state and the changing viability of land use. Board positions for profit companies are definitely made up of more seasoned individuals or as you say whiz kids in that industry or related industry.

Comment

I'm 38 and have been on a board for 2 years and help to turn profitability and recruitment around dramatically, it's not as rare as you think. When people looks at talent vs age or anything else they can see great gains, most of the folks on our board are late 60s and were happy doing things the same ol way and making 5-8% gains

Now 4 Elons, I don't think exist but then again I've never seen a board with the talent of 4 elons regardless of age

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                                Yesterday was April Fools Day…

Comment

Working...
                                X