No announcement yet.

Colorado Parks & Wildlife Newest Hires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had gotten that email a day or so ago also. Can you resend me that link please, for some reason I cannot find it. There was some other stuff in there also.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
      I need to see the three chicks neekid before I pass judgement. I like to keep an open mind and be inclusive in my neekid chick viewing. In the interest of equality, I like to see chicks from marginalized communities neekid too. I also strive for diversity in my ogling. I enjoy neekid chick off all races and hair colors.
      ((snickering…knowing it’s the socially insensitive, politically incorrect thing to do and doing it anyway))

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        I had gotten that email a day or so ago also. Can you resend me that link please, for some reason I cannot find it. There was some other stuff in there also.
        It was posted yesterday, but I can't find it either. Now all I have is the email. Here is the link I used to get to the full bio's. It also looks like the navigation link on the CPW site has also axed, so you can't actually get to the page without this link anymore...

Colorado Parks and Wildlife is a nationally recognized leader in conservation, outdoor recreation and wildlife management. The agency​ manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado's wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs. CPW issues hunting and fishing licenses, conducts research to improve wildlife management activities, protects high priority wildlife habitat through acquisitions and partnerships, provides technical assistance to private and other public landowners concerning wildlife and habitat management and develops programs to understand, protect and recover threatened and endangered species.

Comment

I got the email from CPW the other day too...and pretty much ignored it. Then saw this thread and did a little research. Colorado has an Outdoor Equity Fund which is intended to help 'marginalized' groups get outdoors. The four people in the email were nominated/elected/whatever to the Outdoor Equity Grant Board...so I guess their role is to evaluate grant applications and maybe help administer funds? A couple of the grant recipients (programs) include archery and fishing, but most do not specifically reference hunting and/or fishing.

All that to say...I think it's pretty decent of Colorado Parks and Wildlife to try and get 'marginalized' groups outdoors in whatever capacity possible (hiking, biking, whatever). Maybe they'll start off hiking and get an itch to fish...or hunt? I certainly don't agree with their specific list of who qualifies for 'help', and I am vehemently opposed to "Equity" in most DEI initiatives, but I don't agree with everyone on everything. The four people selected were probably not bad choices for the role. Also just speculating, but I'm guessing that there weren't many hard core hunters vying for a spot on the Outdoor Equity Grant Board.

Just figured I'd give a slightly different perspective b/c it seemed to me that the general consensus was that these four folks would be discussing tag allocations, wolf reintroduction, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasonable View Post
            I got the email from CPW the other day too...and pretty much ignored it. Then saw this thread and did a little research. Colorado has an Outdoor Equity Fund which is intended to help 'marginalized' groups get outdoors. The four people in the email were nominated/elected/whatever to the Outdoor Equity Grant Board...so I guess their role is to evaluate grant applications and maybe help administer funds? A couple of the grant recipients (programs) include archery and fishing, but most do not specifically reference hunting and/or fishing.

All that to say...I think it's pretty decent of Colorado Parks and Wildlife to try and get 'marginalized' groups outdoors in whatever capacity possible (hiking, biking, whatever). Maybe they'll start off hiking and get an itch to fish...or hunt? I certainly don't agree with their specific list of who qualifies for 'help', and I am vehemently opposed to "Equity" in most DEI initiatives, but I don't agree with everyone on everything. The four people selected were probably not bad choices for the role. Also just speculating, but I'm guessing that there weren't many hard core hunters vying for a spot on the Outdoor Equity Grant Board.

Just figured I'd give a slightly different perspective b/c it seemed to me that the general consensus was that these four folks would be discussing tag allocations, wolf reintroduction, etc.
            I appreciate the differing opinion.

You know, 2 or 3 years ago, I would have done exactly what you are saying, and given them the benefit of the doubt. these are groups not typically represented in hunting. But we can't look at these 4 hires in a vacuum. These 4 are just the latest in a string of attacks on hunters. CO is getting rid of OTC tags. I read that article last week. CO is reintroducing wolves to an elk population that hasn't seen wolves in 100 years. They have gotten rid of spring bear hunting, and no more baiting for bear. Lion season is under attack. Guns under attack.

Now pile those 4 members on top of the things I list. CO is on a bad path. And then let's look at these 4. Which of them (none of which looks over 35) has enough life experience to actually do what they have been elected to do? One likes to "take care of all her plants" (they spelled cats wrong). One is a lifeguard who teaches CPR. They are not qualified to do what they are elected to do.

Again, I appreciate the discussion, because maybe there is something I don't see. Am I missing something else???

Comment

I need to see the three chicks neekid before I pass judgement. I like to keep an open mind and be inclusive in my neekid chick viewing. In the interest of equality, I like to see chicks from marginalized communities neekid too. I also strive for diversity in my ogling. I enjoy neekid chick off all races and hair colors.
              You need to know somehting about these types of people. Out of the 4 pictured the dude is probably the only one without a PEE-PEE

Comment

If it wasn’t for the billion plus dollars hunting brings here ( Colorado), it would already be illegal. And many are correct, it will most likely be one of the first states to outlaw hunting. Sucks, but many many other states will follow. Population growth, and loss of habitat will only encourage it.

Comment

The real question is who in Colorado thought it was a good idea to greenlight the Tom****ery that is the Outdoor Equity Grant Board?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    The real question is who in Colorado thought it was a good idea to greenlight the Tom****ery that is the Outdoor Equity Grant Board?
                    Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                      DEI. Didn’t Earn It.
                      👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        If it wasn’t for the billion plus dollars hunting brings here ( Colorado), it would already be illegal. And many are correct, it will most likely be one of the first states to outlaw hunting. Sucks, but many many other states will follow. Population growth, and loss of habitat will only encourage it.
                        First state to outlaw hunting and the most spot light sales. Can a state really outlaw hunting?

Comment

In time, I am certain hunting will be outlawed. Most likely not in my lifetime, but I would think by my grand sons kids time possibly. Spot light sales, not sure what you mean.

Comment

I like the way you think.....

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

First state to outlaw hunting and the most spot light sales. Can a state really outlaw hunting?
                              One of my buddies, turning 83 today, raises goats and snares coyotes to protect them. New neighbors said they didn't want him killing coyotes because they liked looking at them and hearing them......fast forward goat with guts ripped out and he took it over to their place and said "this is what coyotes are good for"......said they were shocked city people......Colorado won't outlaw hunting but will make it so expensive to generate revenue that they will price people out of it. I've basically quit hunting due to cost, lost most of my waterfowl to outfitters and deer leases got outrageous for me, I'm just gonna finish out as a fisherman

Comment

As far as these new hires that's the world of government we live in, I'm just shocked none had purple or pink hair.......if you want a government job be sure and include "equality" on your resume and I'm talking any big government. I just retired from Fort Worth Fire and that resembles our new hires......HR runs the hiring and that is exactly what they want and doesn't matter if they can do the job it's all about diversity and "inclusion".......when and assistant city manager over FD states her goal is an all female rookie class that tells you right there that they aren't interested in the most qualified to do the job just the most qualified to check off the boxes....just took Fort Worth longer to get to the wokeness than some other cities but it's there.

Comment

Working...
                                X