No announcement yet.

Calling All Spring Turkey Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the exact dates on Spring season in Gillespie County just an hour west of Austin on highway 290??? My googler is giving weird info.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post

Appreciate the advice. I’ll shoot whatever I want. I don’t care what age a bird is. If I wanna shoot a bearded hen I will. I don’t because I understand they are nesting. A turkey is a turkey and unless your huntin the same property I don’t see why it makes a bit of difference to you. I try not to buy my meat. Post a link to H‑E‑B? GFY.
      I feel the same! However, as I understand the regulations, spring season is gobblers only. Has that changed?

Comment

Yes, it has. Cool! I’ve got a hen on camera with what I’d guess to be an 8” beard.

Comment

Ok, thanks for confirming...... same thing I saw. We got big birds running around that place but I am not much of turkey hunter.

Comment

Appreciate the advice. I’ll shoot whatever I want. I don’t care what age a bird is. If I wanna shoot a bearded hen I will. I don’t because I understand they are nesting. A turkey is a turkey and unless your huntin the same property I don’t see why it makes a bit of difference to you. I try not to buy my meat. Post a link to H‑E‑B? GFY.
            Shooting Jake’s is for small kids, rookies, and the mentally challenged.

i pAiD mY mOnEY I hAVe tO kiLl sOmeThing

go enjoy the experience and hunt a mature bird. It’s ok to go home empty handed sometimes. Happy hunting, kill a big one.

Comment

Why in the heck do y’all care what bird a different guy that is not on your place kills?????

SMDH!!!!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

It does make a bit of difference to me because the State of Texas owns those birds, not the person that you are leasing that property from. They are a resource that I am just as entitled to as you are and I much prefer to protect that resource rather than squander it. I am encouraging you to make a good decision.

I do not accept excuses for employing poor management practices because of cost when it's much less expensive to purchase food from the store.

I posted a link to H-E-B as a joke because your rational to go shoot jakes (which is a poor management practice when you are seeing no toms) is because it is too expensive to drive to the lease and not come home with anything. It is cheaper to go to your nearest H-E-B and buy the $27 butterball.

I am taking the GFY comment as a joke...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post

Shooting Jake’s is for small kids, rookies, and the mentally challenged.

i pAiD mY mOnEY I hAVe tO kiLl sOmeThing

go enjoy the experience and hunt a mature bird. It’s ok to go home empty handed sometimes. Happy hunting, kill a big one.
                  Killed plenty of mature birds. I don’t know you but maybe as many or more than you. not a child so must be mentally challenged. Wish I could be as bad *** as you. I bet when a guy posts his first bow buck your the first one to get on him for the age and size. Hope you get a big one too. If you only have jakes enjoy your butterball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Why in the heck do y’all care what bird a different guy that is not on your place kills?????

SMDH!!!!!!!!

Bisch
                    I think many folks fail to see game animals as a resource. The ROI outlook on harvest success rarely benefits the greater good. With minimal management efforts we as hunters will all benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

lmao!
                      Dadgum. Suckers are literally fighting for existence. No wonder they are going down in numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

I think many folks fail to see game animals as a resource. The ROI outlook on harvest success rarely benefits the greater good. With minimal management efforts we as hunters will all benefit.
                        If a guy kills one turkey, he still killed one turkey. It makes no difference how old that bird is unless he wants to brag about it to other folks!!!!!

Just because your thing is killing a big bad bird, doesn’t mean that’s everybody’s thing.

Bisch

Comment

You need to set some rules. For example we don’t allow anyone to shoot doves that are less than 2.5 years old or you get fined.

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post

I feel the same! However, as I understand the regulations, spring season is gobblers only. Has that changed?
                            TPWD defines a gobbler as a male bird.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Did you draw a tag?
                              Yep. Unit 6. My first pick was unit 5, 6 as my second. Glad I decided to enter the draw which is new for this year because they have sold out on all NR turkey tags. Just hoping I can get some days off from work to get up there for the bow season.

Comment

Working...
                              X