No announcement yet.

Buying From Carmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there to CarMax-San Antonio at least 4 times.2 cars an F250 and an F150 for my college son. My son was a college player, now a college coach and is still driving that same F150 several states away now. Very good deal for us and them. The F250 i bought ran well, gave me no problems at all. I drove that truck from 25K miles until I replaced it with a 2016 model in 2018. I traded it in with 180,000 miles. Nary an issue. With them or with us. I would highly recommend their cars and trucks. One of the cars had an issue with the rear passenger door not opening. I had the bumper to bumper on it. I called them, dropped it off for a few days waiting for parts. They provided a rental car for 3-4 days at no cost. Fixed it perfectly.
    Most are low miles and reliable. Maybe we just stayed with luck on our side, but we are very satisfied with CarMax. Financing that helps all levels. I was low at one point. They worked with me. Gave me the chance . Now I am over 700 because they gave me the opportunity to improve and rebuild credit rating.

Comment

Never dealt with any of these sort of places, what's the warranty situation from CarMax and the like?

Comment

It was super easy for my wife's SUV. We have a service that inspects vehicles that we want to buy. http://usedcarinspections.com Matt's a good dude!

Comment

Bought three or four cars from there. Super easy process.
          Sold one to them last year. Good price and done fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
            It was super easy for my wife's SUV. We have a service that inspects vehicles that we want to buy. http://usedcarinspections.com Matt's a good dude!

Thank you for posting the service.

Comment

We just bought our 3rd from them never had any issues. They have a 30 day return policy and 90 day 4000 mile warranty.

Comment

Bought a 04 Toyota Sequoia from them in 07.....they would not budge on price but it was about $3000 under blue book back then.....best vehicle I have ever had.....still running today with 310K miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  I’ve done multiple deals with Texas Direct Auto with great luck. Haven’t used them since they became Vroom. I always go to CarMax for their offer as well.
                  You won't get to try them, either. Vroom announced closing down their online presence and not sure if TDA will stay active, sold off, or what. I worked as an inventory accountant for vroom for about 5 months before bailing. Their service seemed terrible and didn't see that business surviving for long.

Comment

Working...
                  X