Why I Stopped Looking For a Deer Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    I have 6.5 acres with great neighbors(no HOA) and a feeder in a safe place. Killed the best bucks in my life last year. Its how you play your hand.
    Be a cowboy expect cowboy stuff,.be a gentleman...well you can finish the rest.
    So are you Neighborhood hunting??

Comment

I have 6.5 acres with great neighbors(no HOA) and a feeder in a safe place. Killed the best bucks in my life last year. Its how you play your hand.
      Be a cowboy expect cowboy stuff,.be a gentleman...well you can finish the rest.
      Maybe to some degree, but most times you aren’t so lucky and get delt a bad hand.

Comment

I don't disagree with anything he wrote really.l, but really really wish all these weirdos would quit promoting public land hunting. Lol.
        I grew up on leases in South Texas, and at one point my dad had three different leases in old Mexico just for our family and the smallest one was 6k acres. We quit Mexico after 5 years and came back to Texas again. Don't get me wrong I'd still have fun with the right deer lease but I get bored on any lease quickly. It's just not my style of hunting, I'm in it more for the chase and the hunt. I'm pushing 20 years now solely on public and don't see myself interested in leasing again until I'm 80 years old and can't hike or haul quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

So are you Neighborhood hunting??
          Had this empty land for 17 years. Then the building and subdividing started. I retired and built my home here. Land was unregistered and undocumented by the county. So I got to name the plot after the survey and registration. So technically it is my neighborhood.

Comment

Had this empty land for 17 years. Then the building and subdividing started. I retired and built my home here. Land was unregistered and undocumented by the county. So I got to name the plot after the survey and registration. So technically it is my neighborhood.
            Sweet deal..

Comment

The thrill he is speaking of isn't directly related to public, private, or leased land. It is about shot opportunity. If I saw ten 150pt bucks every time I sat than killing one wouldn't provide much excitement. Now if I sat for multiple seasons seeing no deer and then shot a 115 pt buck obviously that would be an epic thrill. You can apply this formula to about anything.

Bottle of nice whiskey once a year vs having that bottle once a week. Obviously the once a year bottle gonna taste way better. Paradox of choice/options.

Comment

Who cares what Steve Rinella thinks?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Who cares what Steve Rinella thinks?
                  Let me think about it for half a second. Okay. Not me.

Comment

Working...
                  X