X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent....

Comment

Done.

So sorry you're going through this Mitch.

Put on your armor and go to war. Life is worth it.
      Last edited by Chew; 03-27-2024, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Hey all,
        Wanted to share an update as I just finished the last treatment for Cycle #1 (just have a few preventative pills to finish out the week)

Hey all, well I’ve got Cycle # 1 (a cycle lasts for 21 days) finishing up this week and wanted to send an update. Cycle # 1 had me complete four 8+ hr IV infusions of Darzalex (myeloma drug), a weekly dose of IV Dexamethasone (steroid), twice weekly dose of subcutaneous shot of a drug called Velcade (myeloma drug), and a weekly dose of IV Benadryl.

The only experienced negative side effect was caused by the Dexamethasone (steroid) and was absolute and total sleeplessness on Monday nights (I’ve been having the IV infusion on Monday mornings).

Cycle # 2 has me “moving up” to the much-preferred Darzalex Faspro with oral Benadryl and oral dexamethasone (so no more 8hr + IV infusions - woohoo). Darzalex Faspro is injected in the belly subcutaneously and it takes about five minutes to get the full dose. The first week, I’ll need to stay with them for observation for about four hours. After the first week’s shot (assuming no ill side effects), I’ll only need to stick around for about 30 minutes for my once a week injection. I will still be getting Velcade injected subcutaneously twice a week on Monday and Thursday, but that is an in and out procedure (less than five minutes).

I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to share a tentative date for the stem cell transplant soon, as I meet (virtually) with the Stem Cell transplant doctor soon.

Until then thank you for your well wishes, good vibes, prayers, and donations. They are all appreciated.

https://gofund.me/ace6931b

Cheers,
        -Mitch

Comment

You ever want to know what the transplant journey is really like, PM your number. I hope your transplant doctor is Jana Reynolds. Im just a little over a year post transplant.

Comment

done. prayers up for you mitch

Comment

Quickie Update

Just a super quick update – The bloodwork that was done on Monday’s (April 8th), just indicated that my Lambda light chain numbers are back to “normal”. This is one of the first signs that my cancer is trending in the right direction and the drugs and medications are doing their thing. I’ll have concrete and complete proof via a PET scan on my bony lesions in a few weeks to confirm the positive news.

All people with myeloma have their own unique ‘markers’. My myeloma markers are going to be different from pretty much everyone else with the disease. With that being said, my myeloma is indicated by bony lesions (found through a PET scan) and my blood serum light chains (we all have two types of light chains -- Kappa and Lambda light chains). My myeloma produces (or produced) an excessive amount of Lambda light chains.

Until my next update, I’d like to thank you for your kind words, good vibes, well wishes, prayers, and donations. They are all very much appreciated.

https://gofund.me/ace6931b

Cheers,
              -Mitch​

Comment

Praying for ya Mitch

Comment

Update Two
                  This cycle (a cycle lasts 21 days) has had “move up” to the Darzalex FasPro (a subcutaneous shot – myeloma drug) and life is much better than staying in the clinic for 8 hours on a Monday with a needle in my arm getting the IV version of Darzalex.

Side Effects – I was experiencing some good bits of fatigue and brain fog, but after the second week of cycle two – I receive some outstanding news and that is that I no longer have to take Benadryl as a precautionary drug before receiving my Darzalex injection. (Benadryl would absolutely knock me out for 24+ hours and put me in a brain fog for up to 48hrs) -- So, I’ve that going for me, which is nice – Carl Spackler

I’ve got date(s) for my trip(s) to Dallas for the Stem Cell transplant, and I’ll be headed there to have a battery of tests (echocardiogram, pulmonary function test, 24hr urine sample, PET scan, bone marrow biopsy, more bloodwork, etc.,) in Mid-May (14th – 16th). Assuming everything looks ‘good’, I’ll be back in Dallas in Mid-June for the stem cell transplant. Regarding the Stem Cell transplant, I’ll be in Big D for as little as three weeks to as long as…much longer (it really all depends on when my body starts producing the needed blood markers and antibodies to allow me to go home).

Something interesting about stem cells…because it is essentially a factory reset, I’ll have to have all my childhood immunizations again (these include, but are not limited to polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, etc.,)

I’m hopeful that the PET scan in mid-May will show me to have a clean and clear skeleton. This would confirm (along with the Lambda light chains having all ready returned to normal) that my cancer is in remission.

Until my next update, I’d like to thank you for your kind words, good vibes, well wishes, prayers, and donations. They are all very much appreciated.

GoFundMe: https://gofund.me/ace6931b

Someone asked me to create a Venmo to donate, so here you go kind sir.
                  Venmo: Mitch-Parker-8
                  Venmo: https://www.venmo.com/u/Mitch-Parker-8

Cheers,
                  -Mitch​

Comment

Keep slugging Mitch. I'ma keep praying for you.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Still praying for ya, don’t forget his go fund me, cancer is hard on your body and your wallet.

Comment

Prayers up for your battle!
                          “Cancer is a very physical and mentally demanding disease.” (I borrowed that quote from Mr Burnadell from conversations via pm with him).
                          Last edited by tps7742; 04-18-2024, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Prayers up for you Mitch!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X