Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin Approved: I've got Multiple Myeloma - GoFundMe

Hey guys,
    I've been a member here for quite a little bit of time and in that I've time I've meet quite a few of y'all and helped several of y'all with resumes, cover letters, job search advice/strategies, and honing your interview skills.

The TBH Brotherhood is strong (as witnessed by a gentleman that helped with a TBH Express yesterday), anyhow, I've set up this GoFundMe to help with my medical bills. If you could help out, that would be amazing, if not, hopefully you can post it on your social media feeds on my behalf.

Thanks all,
    Mitch

With a heavy heart and tears in my eyes... Nothing is more painful than trying to smile and… Missy Masterson needs your support for Mitch's Battle with Cancer

TTT, prayin for ya

Comment

Mitch...I hate to read threads like this.

My mom was diagnosed with MM in the spring of 2015. We were blessed to be able to get into MD Anderson and she has been proactively battling it ever since. I'd highly recommend finding a team that specializes in Myeloma as the technology and medicine is constantly changing. While there is no cure at this time, it has proven to be treatable.

If you ever need anything, please reach out

Comment

Done, I encourage others to do the same. Just your lunch money helps in a situation like this. Good luck, Mitch, you are in my prayers!

Comment

Mitch, this is a kick in the nuzzs that I know too well. I was diagnosed with MM in August of 2022. Thanks to God, my wife, friends, family and doctors I am in remission. Although like you stated there is no cure but can be managed. I went through the 6 months of treatment then had a stem cell transplant. I was lucky enough that they were able to use my own stem cells once the initial treatment was over. They harvest enough stem cells for 2 transplant and will keep the 2nd set for future uses. Right now, I am taken a preventative drug daily to prolong the recurrence.

I say all this to let you know that it is manageable. I am in good shape and do all I was doing before my diagnosis (that a 62 year old body allows. Keep you head up and keep fighting. If you ever want to talk, PM me and we can get in touch. Prayers sent your way.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words, prayers, and words of encouragement.

​​​​​​ I've got an all day sit getting an 8hr + Darzalex infusion, so if you've got any questions about the treatment/disease, feel free to ask as I'm available to respond today

Cheers,
            Mitch

Comment

Done! Your story is identical to my 48 yo buddy in california. H ethought he tore a muscle in the shoulder and went in for a consultation and it was actuaaly a lump that turned out to be sarcoma! I will be praying for you and stay positive. Your mom did agreat job writing the Go Fundme info.

Comment

Prayers up!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Done. Couldn't help much but hope it relieves some worry. I get cut on about once a year. No MM yet but I have had some aggressive squamous cell buggers that needed a surgeon. I hope and pray you do well.

Comment

My prayers are with you, Mitch. May God's healing hand touch you, heal you, give you the strength you need to see this through, and keep this at bay. In Jesus name, amen.

Comment

Well the Darzalex 8+ hour IV infusion went as well as it could. Last week I had the same 8hr infusion today spread out over two days - so 16hrs
                      (I'm hopeful to start the Darzalex Faspro for Cycle 2 - which would be a single injection in my belly and be a wham bam thank you ma'am type deal)

here is a link on Darzalex if you want to read (note: might be a get a little sciencey) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5013856/

Thanks again for the kind words and donation! You folks are awesome.
                      -Mitch
                      Last edited by MitchParker; 03-25-2024, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Done - And Praying for you, Mitch.

Comment

Praying for you Mitch

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X