No announcement yet.

Alligator gar recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know which one you chose and how it tasted.

Comment

Search ‘choupique​ caviar’

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Let us know which one you chose and how it tasted.
        Anyone near Lampasas or San Saba can come get a quart bag of some and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Anyone near Lampasas or San Saba can come get a quart bag of some and try it.
          If I was closer, I would come pick it up.

Comment

I just tried this recipe. The gar dried out (didn't expect) and the gristle layer was super tough (which I figured would be). But it flavored the sauce really well. We put over small pasta.

Tomato poached fish is a delicious and healthy dinner that's ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. Loaded with flavor, it's simple, quick and tasty!

Good side note. My dog loves the cooked fish and so do the chickens. I mean they LOVED it lol.

Comment

I've used it as my fish in court boullion and enjoyed it. I don't care to eat anything over 4ft. I've cooked smaller gar whole wrapped up in foil on the smoker which was good too. Will definitely give the gar patties over rice with brown gravy a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I just tried this recipe. The gar dried out (didn't expect) and the gristle layer was super tough (which I figured would be). But it flavored the sauce really well. We put over small pasta.

Tomato poached fish is a delicious and healthy dinner that's ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. Loaded with flavor, it's simple, quick and tasty!

Good side note. My dog loves the cooked fish and so do the chickens. I mean they LOVED it lol.
                All the recipes given to you on this thread for gar and you chose an poached Indian dish?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

All the recipes given to you on this thread for gar and you chose an poached Indian dish?
                  LOL yep.
                  I also did post Groups but I added it to the pasta sauce. That's for lunch. Making the patties and frying just seemed like a lot of work

Comment

Originally posted by greenheadless View Post
                    search ‘choupique​ caviar’
                    no,no,no!

Comment

Working...
                    X