Best rainwater barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best rainwater barrel?

What’s a good rain water capture barrel that my mom could use to water some plants? Thanks in advance. Tips? Tricks?

I made my own with a 55gal poly barrel with bung hole on top. Drilled and added a spicket to the bottom for a drain/garden hose. Cut the bung hole so a piece of guttering down spout would fit. Also added window screen there to catch debris. A 10 foot piece of gutter and a good short rain will fill it up.

Comment

It depends on how much you want to catch. I used 275 gallon food grade ibc totes. If you use those you will need to cover them or paint them to prevent algae growth. Also, need to have a screen to keep mosquitoes from breeding in it. Not very difficult to do unless you have to hang gutters.

Comment

How do y’all get the water out of the catch?

Comment

Ibc totes have a valve at the bottom. If you make it out of a barrel you will need to install a spigot at the bottom. Put the barrel on a pedestal so you can gravity feed unless you have a long run or uphill.

Comment

There are a ton of you tube videos on different ways to do it.

Comment

We got one at TSC and bought a kit from Amazon that fits on your downspout after you cut it into. Got a little hose that goes to the barrel. Set the barrel on concrete blocks. The barrel came with a spigot. Works really well.

Comment

This is what I did (posted in DIY forum) https://www.texasbowhunter.com/discu...5-gallon-drums

Comment

Anyone wants poly drums in the RR area let me know. I have an endless supply that you can HAVE.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                    Anyone wants poly drums in the RR area let me know. I have an endless supply that you can HAVE.
                    Is RR area Round Rock? How many do you have? What has been in them? I could bring a 20’ gooseneck and get a load

Comment

They had some at Atwoods in Madill Oklahoma that had a spigot already attached on the bottom, didn't price them.

Comment

I’d be interested in a few

Comment

Give me a ring any time

graham

Comment

lol, what a dumbass, I definitely did not mean to throw my number up to the whole internet, IQ not withstanding, offer still stands.

Comment

lol, what a dumbass, I definitely did not mean to throw my number up to the whole internet, IQ not withstanding, offer still stands.
                              Edit your post & change you # up. Nice offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X