No announcement yet.

Live edge fireplace mantel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would contact Lee at Sage Creek Farms in Burnet. I bet he can fix you up. 512-784-2512 He has a facebook page if you want to check it out, or go to his website and click on wood items then architecture sagecreekfarm.com
    Last edited by Charlie80; 03-22-2024, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Not live edge but we found a place in Houston selling hand hewn timbers from old barns up north that we used for a mantle in our build. IIRC out the door was around $700 with fumigation.

Comment

I think the shop in Bertram was/is across the street from the Library.

Comment

I do them out of mesquite, whatever thickness the buyer wants. Here are the last two I did a month or so ago for a custom builder.
          Attached Files

Comment

I really like our mesquite mantle from Mesquite time in Santa Anna. Had it made before they started the house !

bp

Comment

We have one on our back porch that Bard did and I could not be happier with it. He does quality work and goes out of his way. Two thumbs up for him. Mine is 72" long and is mesquite.

Comment

Folks,
                Appreciate all the suggestions. I talked to and saw a lot of mantels from various places. I didn't know it was such a big business. Talked with Bard on here. Guy makes beautiful Mesquite mantels.

My wife decided due to the fireplace rock, she wanted something lighter. Charlie, I contacted Lee and went and saw what he had. Very nice gentleman had a nice cypress blank my wife liked. Plus he is fairly close to us in Burnet. appreciate the mention.

David

Originally posted by Charlie80 View Post
                I would contact Lee at Sage Creek Farms in Burnet. I bet he can fix you up. 512-784-2512 He has a facebook page if you want to check it out, or go to his website and click on wood items then architecture sagecreekfarm.com

Comment

Not sure of the name of the business, but there is a guy in Santa Anna that does that kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X