Live edge fireplace mantel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live edge fireplace mantel

Looking to get a live edge mantel over my fireplace for my house build.

Do we have any TBH'ers that craft those slabs? I see there's a gentleman in Wimberley that has some. Will look at those this weekend if I can.

I'm in Burnet.

something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	689
Size:	605.1 KB
ID:	26750071

I have a 13" diameter and 97" long straight Cedar Log I am working on getting milled to do the same thing. Found a guy in Hallettsville, Texas that has all kinds of Cedar that can do it for you. I will see if I can get his number for you

Comment

Droptine mill in Early.

Comment

Used to be a older guy that sold some off the side off 183 close to Seward junction. He did some awesome work and who we got ours from. I haven't seen him out in awhile so not sure if he's still around or not.

Comment

What size you looking for?

I listed a cedar mantel last year but no interest in it.
          If’n it will work, I would love to get it out of the garage.

Comment

About 4" thick & about 5 1/2 - 6' long

Comment

Check out Southwest Trading Post on Hamilton Pool Road. He does a great job and has different types of wood you can choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                Droptine mill in Early.
                thanx, I'll touch base with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Used to be a older guy that sold some off the side off 183 close to Seward junction. He did some awesome work and who we got ours from. I haven't seen him out in awhile so not sure if he's still around or not.
                  with that stretch of road so torn up with the toll road, it's a cluster. I drive that area occasionally & I hadn't seen him. He may go back once weather is better.

Comment

There is a guy between Georgetown and Liberty Hill that I bought a live edge mesquite mantel from several years ago…let me see if I have his number and I’ll PM it to you.

Comment

thanx, I called and he sold his shop and moved.

Comment

It's been 17 years ago but I think we bought ours milled out from Myers Cedar yard in Lampasas. We put clear coat on it ourselves. I'm not 100% positive though. I remember when we were looking there were random ones in the tourist shops in Llano/Fredericksburg. They were overpriced like everything else though.

Comment

Huntindad Hoovers has some and if you are ok with cedar the cedar place in Lampasas has them or can make them for you.

Comment

Myers is the cedar place in Lampasas. Drove by the other day but didn't go in the gate. I have a couple going up in Blackbuck.

Comment

There is a sawmill in Valley Mills, Tx that normally has some.

Custom Fireplace Mantels built by hand by Aubrey Stringer of Valley Mills, TX. Beautiful, one of a kind, handmade mantels made of mesquite, oak, pecan, walnut, cedar and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X