George Strait / Parker McCollum at Kyle field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay-J View Post
    Good ol George. If you've seen him once you've seen him a hundred times. It would be cool though to say you were at the highest attended concert ever. That's what everyone is predicting anyway.
    My dad made me go to one of his concerts (at Six Flags) in 1988. I was working for my dad's company in FW for the summer, but I was back in Huffman spending the July 4th weekend with my girlfriend (now my wife) and he made me drive back early (on the 3rd) because he had bought me a ticket. I was ******!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Everytime I see him playing another concert I wonder how mad folks are that paid big money to see his “last” concert back then lol
      Same. I bet those people that paid $10k a ticket like 10 years ago feel pretty silly now.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post

Same. I bet those people that paid $10k a ticket like 10 years ago feel pretty silly now.
        It reminds me of the "final" show at the Houston Rodeo. There wasn't even a Rodeo that final night and NRG was packed to the max. Folks came from all over and paid insane prices to see the final George Strait appearance at the Houston Rodeo. Turns out, George came back a couple years later to do another "final" performance. I guess time will tell if the final, final performance ends up being it.

Comment

If you paid 10k for a ticket you have stupid money and really don't care.

Comment

If they didn’t then, they won’t now. Anyone who would pay that much ain’t real bright to start with, or has enough money that it doesn’t matter.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              That’s not possible. I saw him on his farewell tour. How could he still be doing concerts?
              He screwed a lot of people on that deal. I lost a lot of respect for Cha-Ching George with that fake tour.
              Last edited by Fishndude; 03-22-2024, 03:55 PM.

Comment

It’s AI George anyways - real George is down in Rockport eatin spaghetti and winkin at older ladies

Comment

Well inwas going to take my mom and my family, but didn't get online until about 5:00. Cheap seats were $335+. Umm, nope!

Comment

Those ticket prices are insane!! I saw him 7-8 times at the Astrodome and once at the Summit (Joel Osteens church now) Actually got kicked outta that one. And I stood around and drank a beer and talked with him and two other guys at a roping at the rose palace in the mid 90's. So yeah I'm gonna have to pass on this one!

Comment

Working...
                    X