X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    Take baby wipes
    So more sand will stick to you? lol……….

it was already mentioned, only way to combat is baby powder.

Comment

When I was growing up we used to do at least one weekend camping trip on SPI Beach a year. My dad and I, a couple of his work buddies with their sons would drive on the beach down to the Mansfield cut. We would stay out there fishing Friday to Sunday. We never had issues. Of course I was a kid then and am now 52 years old.

I wouldn't pay much attention to all the people warning you about all us locals (moved away 10 years ago but was born in the Valley). As far as traffickers, there's easier routes so can't see that being much of an issue.

Do it! Be smart about it and have a good time. If I listened to all the people going on about how dangerous everything is I wouldn't have just spent a week in Mexico City with my family having a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

So more sand will stick to you? lol……….

it was already mentioned, only way to combat is baby powder.

For your arm pits, butt crack and hands is why we take them. Had nothing to do with sand.

Comment

Sounds like it would be fun in my younger years. Hope you have a blast.

We use to go to South Padre at least twice a year in the 80/90s for a week or two at a time. Beautiful beaches but we haven’t been back in 15 years.

Comment

My biggest fear when hanging out in the middle of that is drunk guys driving too fast amongst parents that aren’t watching their small kids. Makes me too nervous and sometimes angry. Waves not good for surfing there. Other than that there is fun to be had if you can endure what everyone has mentioned

Comment

Thanks for all the input y'all! I think ill drive a little ways up the beach from south padre on satruday and see what its like. If its a sketchy vibe, I dont mind spending the few hours driving to go to PINS.

Main reasons I was focused on south padre is I'd have to keep my dog on a leash 24/7 at PINS, and I assumed fewer people at SPI compared to PINS. But I can also see how the lack of rules and enforcement could also attract a different group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by LeverBow View Post
                Lots of baby powder to dust down with at night, even if you think you rinsed all the sand off you it will find its way back!
                Never heard about baby powder for the sand since Im typically an inland Kevin. I'll add that to the list. Will also have a gravity shower that should help a little.

Comment

Go past the 8 mile marker and you will rarely see other people. I've never had my dog on a leash down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Kev View Post
                    Thanks for all the input y'all! I think ill drive a little ways up the beach from south padre on satruday and see what its like. If its a sketchy vibe, I dont mind spending the few hours driving to go to PINS.

Main reasons I was focused on south padre is I'd have to keep my dog on a leash 24/7 at PINS, and I assumed fewer people at SPI compared to PINS. But I can also see how the lack of rules and enforcement could also attract a different group of people.
                    I have a feeling if you go as far North as you can you might only be contending with some diehard fishermen and that's about it. This would give you some good choices for fishing. You could fish the surf, jetties and there used to be a small cove just before the jetties in the cut. Have fun and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Kev View Post

When we’ve camped on PINS, we’d go at least 15 miles down and never had our dog on a leash. Heck, that’s been the only beach I could let my dog run free due to lack of people.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post

we camp a few times a year on PINS. Not ever seen rattlesnakes but seen lots of deer and coyotes
                        Yes, we didn't see any snakes either but coyotes for sure. My wife left our tent unzipped one night and she woke up to a coyote inside our tent sniffing our trash. Scared the crap out of her, she screamed, the coyote freaked and ran out. The whole thing was funny later on but scary at the time.

For all who camp out there, I recommend storing your trash bags inside the vehicle or it will be gotten into by the coyotes and spread all over the beach.

Comment

Working...
                        X