No announcement yet.

Hummingbirds are back - 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had our first Ruby show up yesterday. Have 2 feeders in the front yard and 2 in the back... When numbers go up, I'll put the rest out... Last Fall for the Fall migration, I was going through a gallon of nectar every 2-3 days! Spring is usually a bit slower, but still lots of birds...

Comment

Have only seen a couple here so far in the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
        Thanks for the good comments, everyone. I had a two-week period in January where I didn't have a feeder out. The Rufous hummingbirds are here all winter in Colorado Co.

Will, Sony FE200-600, f6.3 lens

Paul, put them out. The birding centers down there have been getting the birds.
        Thanks Bill

Comment

Bill, just now saw my first one this year!

Comment

Glad to see everybody is getting them out. They will be here really thick soon. A shot from a couple of days ago. In case no one saw this. Good info. https://www.texasbowhunter.com/discu...ds?view=thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red-bellied%20woodpecker_A1_3-18-24-81-Enhanced-NR%20RS-X2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	26749486

Comment

Still waiting !
              Put out a second location, hoping for extras this year.

Comment

I put my feeders up two days ago. They showed up the next day.

Comment

Bill, is that Coral Honey Suckle? We started some last year on an arbor archway. It survived the transplant and is beginning to bloom... Also planted 2 Mexican Fire bushes, but the freeze got them... didn't even think about them when we were prepping for the freeze for our veggie garden...

Comment

We’ve got two feeders out but haven’t seen any birds yet in Fannin Co.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Bill, is that Coral Honey Suckle? We started some last year on an arbor archway. It survived the transplant and is beginning to bloom... Also planted 2 Mexican Fire bushes, but the freeze got them... didn't even think about them when we were prepping for the freeze for our veggie garden...
                      Yes, it is. Brought it from my yard in Brazos Co to the new place here in Colorado Co. The Mexican firebush will come back from the roots. They are hard to protect and I didn't even try. One has started but the second one is slow. I have a number of different varieties of plants in this bird garden area.

Comment

Thanks Bill! I was going to go out and pull 'em up out of the garden, but I guess I'll wait and see how they do!

Comment

I finally put a couple of feeders out today. Some of the plants we used to grow in Deer Park that attracted humming birds when we lived there we tried for our first three years here and it’s not happening 175 miles north.

Comment

Put out some feeders yesterday in far North Tx close to Texoma lake, was greeted by the first hummingbird this morning while sitting in the office at home drinking coffee. Enjoy those little buggers.

Comment

Our first one showed up today in Van Zandt county. Exact same day as last year.
                              Last edited by Treeshark; 03-29-2024, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Just saw our first bird of the season here in Mansfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X