Hummingbirds are back - 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummingbirds are back - 2024

First male Ruby-throat showed up Friday. Got a couple of pics yesterday. I have had Rufous hummingbirds 1 or 2 at a time all winter. There is still one hanging around but they don't like sharing with the Rubies so I would bet it leaves soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RT%20Hummingbird_A1_3-17-2024-101-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.8 KB ID:	26746993

Click image for larger version  Name:	RT%20Hummingbird_A1_3-17-2024-103-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	26746994

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rufous%20Hummingbird_A1_3-17-2024-14-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	26746995

Great shots Bill. Saw my first two back this weekend. Need to break out the camera. What lense are you shooting with to get these awesome pictures?

Comment

Put my feeder out yesterday !
      Watching and waiting.

Comment

The first 2 hummers stopped by my Georgetown location a week ago.

Comment

I have a feeder out for two weeks now here in Harper and they are showing up now. Think I may put a few more out.

Comment

Beautiful pictures as always

Comment

Is it too early to put out feeders down here in the valley...it was a pretty slow year for 2023.

Comment

Very cool pictures Bill.

I am still waiting for ours to show up again here in the South Conroe area.

J

Comment

As usual great pics! And thanks again for the first alert/arrival of the hummingbirds. I will put my feeders out this weekend, early or not.

Comment

Great photos. Thanks for sharing
                    only seen 1 hummer here in Brown county.
                    Last year during drought was a huge number at our feeders

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      I have a feeder out for two weeks now here in Harper and they are showing up now. Think I may put a few more out.
                      Good information! Go ahead and put more feeders up to decorate the new homestead. 😀

Comment

Thanks for the good comments, everyone. I had a two-week period in January where I didn't have a feeder out. The Rufous hummingbirds are here all winter in Colorado Co.

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        Great shots Bill. Saw my first two back this weekend. Need to break out the camera. What lense are you shooting with to get these awesome pictures?
                        Will, Sony FE200-600, f6.3 lens

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Is it too early to put out feeders down here in the valley...it was a pretty slow year for 2023.
                        Paul, put them out. The birding centers down there have been getting the birds.

Comment

1st one visited Saturday. Hoping for a few more than last year.

Comment

Guess I need to get my feeders up soon! Will have some running by this weekend. GREAT shots by the way.

Comment

Great shot Bill... and as usual, in flight!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X