JFT & PoPo Turkey Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton and I are headed south to pickup PoPo

not sure how much hunting we’ll do this weekend but we’ll make the most of ot

Comment

Well

i guess they’re still acting weird. I can see em on the roost but not a single gobble.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Get em!

Comment

Going to give it a go tomorrow with my bow. Hopefully, it all works out. I haven’t turkey hunted in a long time. Pretty excited about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

They’re too scared to post their jake kills
              Lolololol that’s funny.

Comment

Things were weird yesterday for me. I knew the wind was able to pick up the next 3-4 days so I elected to hunt yesterday. Super calm, brisk morning, I went to a place that can be hit or miss but has my more mature birds around with very few of those pesky jakes. The only gobbler that was sounding off at dawn was 600 yards west of my normal spot. He sounded alone so I let him be. I could hear gobbles to my east 3/4 mile but I know there are lots of jakes that way. So I stayed put hoping Ole Dragger was staying silent on purpose to trick me. About 45 mins after light I heard one bird fly down but never saw it. After 1.5 hrs of sporadic calling, I packed it in there. The West gobbler was still going off some. I tried easing that way but might have bumped him. Went into the area to the east, and immediately spotted a mature bird strutting all alone in a field. He picked up the slightest of movement by me and took off. I cut him off 1/2 mile later with the same results. He was switched on spooky!!
                I moved to a totally different area. I saw several small groups of hens ALONE. I ran into 3-4 jakes with 3 hens, spotted one medium gobbler and jake with a small group of hens, and called in 6 jakes at another spot. The middle of the day resulted in seeing a few hens out by themselves again. I never found the mature gobblers and cut my losses mid-afternoon to get a few work items done. I probably won't hunt again until mid next week for the Lavaca Co season.

Comment

We’re back at the same spot and it’s sounding like more of the same…..no talking.

if we don’t have any action today, I’ll have to write this place off til the end of the season. No idea why or reason these birds aren’t talking

Comment

Good luck to everyone this morning! It’ll be a week till I’m chasing them unfortunately.

Comment

Just an absolutely FINE drummin’ gobbler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4387.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	827.8 KB
ID:	26756743

Comment

Very nice rope!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post

Great beard...congratulations!

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                              Man slow thread this year! Somebody whack one!
                              Normally I help a little, but got off my lease so have to wait till next weekend to go on a day ( weekend ) hunt then my place in AR in April. Not too sure how that will go. Plenty on my place but I have never hunted easterns before and may get schooled.

Comment

Sweet! Congrats on a good bird!

Comment

Working...
                                X