No announcement yet.

Pharmacy can’t get my wife’s prescription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife has been having the same issue getting ADHD medication, seems to be some supply chain issues for multiple medications.

as others have said Monjaro, Wegovy etc. have become the latest weight loss fad and prescription levels are far exceeding supply.

Comment

I’ve had trouble at Walmart some medications that should be readily available. Pharmacist said it was a shortage problem with the distributors ability to get medications. Luckily I have had other close by pharmacies that are able to get the script from Walmart and fill for me without having to go back through the doctor.

Comment

Mrs. Wolfie had a root canal a couple weeks ago and the dentist gave her a script for a painkiller (don't remember what). The pharmacy (CVS) called a couple days later and said it was on back order. we called a couple days after that and it was still on BO. Told 'em to forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
          There are 3 or 4 other medications that act very similarly and tons of medication out there that are not similar that help to lower blood sugar. Did the DR. not offer to change the script to something that was available? ​

She has tried 6 different medications to try to find one that works for her. Monjaro DEFINITELY works the best. She is taking an inhaled insulin right now, but goes back to the doctor Monday so we will see what they say.

Comment

Last year my local CVS was out of an antibiotic prescribed for my son and told me it was backordered for three weeks. I’ve noticed it’s happening a lot more and with different medications.

A lot of medicine used to be manufactured in the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico. But once Congress repealed the tax incentive for Big Pharma production in Puerto Rico, they closed shop and moved overseas.

Comment

My wife had a doctor appointment with her diabetic doctor. He changed her from Monjaro, which is still out of stock, to Ozempic. As of right now, Ozempic is in stock and can be found. We will see how long that lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                My wife had a doctor appointment with her diabetic doctor. He changed her from Monjaro, which is still out of stock, to Ozempic. As of right now, Ozempic is in stock and can be found. We will see how long that lasts.
                Hope she does better on ozempic than I did. I was sick every night on that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X