No announcement yet.

Bluebonnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bluebonnets in the hill country are some of the best that I can remember .

Comment

We have them poppin up all over in Harper. Just keep in mind the rattlers love 'em also.Enjoy them just be careful.

Comment

Llano County has zillions that exploded about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how much Llano County spends on bluebonnets each year? Or do they mostly naturally come back each year?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Llano County has zillions that exploded about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how much Llano County spends on bluebonnets each year? Or do they mostly naturally come back each year?
          To my knowledge they don’t spend any. I know Lake Buchanan, the part that is dry is amazing. At some places you don’t know where the lake ends and the bluebonnets begin

Comment

Looking at pics of Texas wildflowers never gets old or redundant to me. Beautiful pictures, folks!

Comment

They just started here yesterday. 36 degrees here this morning. Lots of hummingbirds.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I don't think they purchase any seed, though I have seen TXDOT trucks spraying Johnsongrass along 71 in Llano Co. So there is some effort behind the show.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

To my knowledge they don’t spend any. I know Lake Buchanan, the part that is dry is amazing. At some places you don’t know where the lake ends and the bluebonnets begin
                  Yep I was going to say this. Ran up to my place and some of the dry coves look like they have water. Last year was the same, but I would take the water back.

Comment

This is the auxiliary airfield east of Seguin on Hwy 90 Alternate.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	muleshoe2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	26754025
                      Muleshoe

Comment

Wildflowers have popped out the last 2 weeks down south, Beeville, George West etc. Very pretty.

Comment

Seen a lot of them today on my drive from Victoria to San Antonio.

Comment

I have some in my flower beds. Bought some plants a few years ago @ Wally World and they have taken off since. I picked some seed pods last year and spread the seeds in my yard but nothing came up there this spring. But I mow regularly and maybe destroyed the seedlings before I could recognize them.

Comment

It’s prime on the Willow City Loop
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got a neighbor that his yard is in full bloom. North Waco area.

Comment

Working...
                                X